Angel flight accident

17 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I’d sooner fly a twin with one out, than a single with one out.

Clarence

Clarence, I normally agree with you, but I really can't agree with you here.

If a twin loses an engine, it's a handful, but if I lose the engine on my Mooney, it stays safely in my hangar until I find it.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

Never ceases to amaze me how people who started the debate - I didn't ask for your opinion, did I? - and wrote a 300-plus words thesis on this subject can accuse me for "playing word games."

I still don't quite understand why you think these two pilots - who flew for charitable cause - deserved to die because they are out defying gravity. Guess we will never find out because you prefer watching the paint dry...

Enjoy and see ya!

Tommy,

I could have worded my last response a LOT better, with a more respectful tone (I shouldn't have made comment about paint drying :(, forgive me), I just know that neither of us will change the other's opinion or faith.  This is the reason that I feel it is futile to get into a long debate, about God, on this forum. 

I am sure you are smart enough to know that I did not convey that anyone "deserved to die," especially a pilot.  I am heartbroken whenever I read about an aircraft accident, regardless if they are flying for enjoyment, for work, or for a charitable purpose.  

First of all, condolences to those who lost friends.  There folks were going out to do a good deed, their deaths are that much more tragic.

Second, pretending there's no such thing as a Vmc roll in twins doesn't mean they don't happen.  And something to think about, doing the necessary engine out procedures is going to be a lot easier in clear air with the CFI next to you than in IMC by yourself.

Man has free will.  God given.  Believe what you want.  Don’t believe.  I don’t care.  You have free will.  Belief is not a worthy debate subject.  Now if you want to debate white privilege, relevance of black lives matter, Respecting the flag and anthem, border security, chain migration, Social justice warrior edicts, Star Wars under Disney, who was a more effective President, Electric cars or Gas powered, Tenure,  Social Security, Abortion, Wage Gap, #MeToo-I am your guy, but not on this forum.

• Like 2