Events:
MooneyMax Maintenance Seminar Don & Paul Maxwell and our staff

Right Seat Ready with Jan Maxwell & Jolie Lucas

Mooney Caravan Formation Clinic
A fresh new list of seminar Speakers & Vendors
Tour of Mid America Aviation Museum tour
Saturday Night Banquet at The Lake Cherokee Country Club
Banquet Speakers The REAL Space Cowboys that are Mooney owners

Web Site and online registration should be open this weekend.

I wanted to call it the Mooney Roundup but SHE [Jan] said "No!"

My contact is
dmaxwell@donmaxwell.com
Ph. 903-643-9902
Please call with any questions.
Thank you,
Don Maxwell

• Like 1

May I ask why? 

I understand they haven’t perfected cloning yet, so it’s a bit difficult being in two places at the same time.

Even so, I’m not sure the world is quite braced for the combined energy output that multiple copies of the dynamic Jolie and Jan duo would produce.

I’m with Jolie. Let’s spread the love (and the travel expenses) and recruit some additional presenters.

I haven’t had my coffee yet, so YMMV.

1 hour ago, autopatch said:

I understand they haven’t perfected cloning yet, so it’s a bit difficult being in two places at the same time.

Even so, I’m not sure the world is quite braced for the combined energy output that multiple copies of the dynamic Jolie and Jan duo would produce.

I’m with Jolie. Let’s spread the love (and the travel expenses) and recruit some additional presenters.

I haven’t had my coffee yet, so YMMV.

Do they have another “right seat ready” going on during the timeframe of the Summitt? 

David, we have invited Jan and Jolie to present, but their business model dictates a fee and the Mooney Summit is not geared to be charging our attendees for presentations or to be paying our Subject matter experts. These wonderful people do this for the Mooney Summit out of the kindness of their hearts to better the breed of Mooney pilots.  No one involved with the Mooney Summit, Inc. is compensated in any way. Donations go to  producing the event, and to fund the Bill Gilliland foundation to help downed Mooney pilot's families at the time of their greatest need. 3 years ago, we helped Jan and Jolie kick off the Right seat ready program at the Mooney Summit III, where they, like all of our Subject matter experts past and future, were compensated only with lodging and meals. They did a fantastic job, but have come to realize they must receive compensation to continue doing this. Its a great program well worth the entry fee.

3 hours ago, Sabremech said:

May I ask why? 

The Mooney Summit is something that we have participated in for three years.  It is a wonderful venue and such a value to our community. However, all the speakers do so at their own expense.  Donating a one hour seminar is very different than donating an entire day of teaching plus airfare from CA and TX.  The structure of the Summit does not allow for us to be paid for our services.  Again, I adore the Summit and am so happy to have participated.  But RSR is a nationally known seminar, that toured the country with AOPA last year.  We just cannot donate that level of services to an organization.  Hope this makes sense.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, neilpilot said:

Jolie and Jan presented their RSR program at Mooney Summit 3 in October 2015.

They did a wonderful job the year they presented, as did CarolAnn Garratt at the Mooney Summit II with her companion course and Ron Jarmon at Mooney Summit IV with his pinch hitter course. Last year and this, we do not have a spousal course on the program, but if enough noise is made, I imagine Seth and Lee will include one in the Mooney Summit VII's agenda

I am marking my calander.  My hangar backs up to the Mid America flight museum, so I expect to have an open hangar for everyone to visit while at the museum.  My wife will be excited about the right seat ready program.

On 6/14/2018 at 3:50 PM, David Herman said:

Plus ... the culture in the “redneck riviera” is so much more refined than that of SoCal ... you wouldn’t want to miss such a great opportunity!

The Riviera has sure come a long way since my first visit in the late 80s . . . You could almost say that it has grown up! It ain't near as "redneck" as it used to be.

• 1 month later...

Well, I have what might be an exciting announcement for some of you.  Our hangar backs up to the Museum and we will have it open during the museum tour.  The exciting part will be the homemade ice cream.  My wife and I have gotten home made ice cream to the level of fine art.  It has surprised me in the last few years to learn how many folks, mostly younger people, that have never experienced the taste of homemade ice cream.  If you are in that category, get ready for a new experience.

Hope you can make it.  We are registered for the entire event in Longview and can’t wait.  Also my friend Steve and I who have Mooney’s on the field in Mount Pleasant, will have them near the ice cream.

Now as for cleaning up the hangar.......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

Well, I have what might be an exciting announcement for some of you.  Our hangar backs up to the Museum and we will have it open during the museum tour.  The exciting part will be the homemade ice cream.  My wife and I have gotten home made ice cream to the level of fine art.  It has surprised me in the last few years to learn how many folks, mostly younger people, that have never experienced the taste of homemade ice cream.  If you are in that category, get ready for a new experience.

Hope you can make it.  We are registered for the entire event in Longview and can’t wait.  Also my friend Steve and I who have Mooney’s on the field in Mount Pleasant, will have them near the ice cream.

Now as for cleaning up the hangar.......

I (being lazy) have not checked the agenda. How does the tour of the museum fit in with the Longview festivities? Is it contemplated people will fly to Mt. Pleasant? Drive? Walk?

Homemade ice cream is quite an incentive. I don't remember the last time I ate it. That was a real big deal when I was a kid. Lots of work cranking (until they came out with electric models), a real mess to clean up afterwards, but sure tasted good.

I don’t have the exact schedule close at hand Don, but yes there will be a portion of one day that will involve travel to Mount Pleasant for a guided museum tour.  I expect that some will fly.  Sorry I don’t have details.  Jan put out a blanket email in the last few days with a little more information.  Let me know if you didn’t receive it and I can email you a copy.

Hope you can make it.  I promise I won’t make you clean up the ice cream mess. LOL  Actually we have done this several times this summer for the kids and grandkids birthday and pool parties, and we have the cleanup process worked out pretty well.  We are looking forward to doing this for everyone.

1 hour ago, DonMuncy said:

I (being lazy) have not checked the agenda. How does the tour of the museum fit in with the Longview festivities? Is it contemplated people will fly to Mt. Pleasant? Drive? Walk?

Homemade ice cream is quite an incentive. I don't remember the last time I ate it. That was a real big deal when I was a kid. Lots of work cranking (until they came out with electric models), a real mess to clean up afterwards, but sure tasted good.

We will have driving transportation for all wanting to go to the flight museum, plus if weather works for us, a lot of folks may fly up.  I understanding they are really excited about having us.   By land it is  hour travel time. 

We plan to have everyone back in plenty of time for the Prime-Rib dinner and our exciting speaker, Ken Bowersox, U.S. Naval Aviator (Ret.), former NASA Astronaut and Shuttle Pilot, and of course owner and pilot of his Mooney Rocket! 

One thing about this Round-up, no one will go home hungry!  

Thanks for answering Dons question Jan!   I felt obligated to See his question answered after I stirred it up.

The museum founder thoroughly enjoys having aviation groups visit the museum.  He is a pilots pilot and a great guy.  He rolls out the carpet for everyone, but veterans often get special benefits.  He is known for giving veterans.warbird rides.  It doesn’t always happen, but it happens.

His airworthy warbird collection includes a P51, a B25, a P40, an F4F(I think it is) a Corsair, a C47, an Albatross, a Duck, L19’s, and special interest planes such as General Hap Arnold’s plane and an airworthy Ford Trimotor, one of only five left.  He has many that I have missed both military and civilian, rotor and fixed wing.  The museum is a must see for anyone interested in aviation.  The planes he has are either airworthy or in the process of being made airworthy.

Edited by MBDiagMan