In the need for private pilot training dvd's

MATTS875

44 minutes ago, MATTS875 said:

watching them now.  I have a long way to go

I have some old King School CD-ROM's that I used that was probably made 15 years ago, but they're kind of out of date.  PM me if you want them, but they're pretty heavy so shipping would probably be significant.

My wife was always disturbed by the Kings' clothing :D

University of North Dakota (school of aviation) posted a whole set a few years ago...

I used them for retraining a few years ago...

Being out only six years?  Things come back really quickly....  

there is always going to be something that won’t come out of memory recall... so be sure to review the whole set.... just to make sure nothing stays hidden...

kind of like having an unknown unknown... :)

Doing some IFR classes/flights is also a great way to warm up your old skills... I got the IR after a year hiatus...  amazing how quickly some skills come back...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Matts,

Also Consider Using something like the Microsoft flight simulator.  Available through a company called Steam... search the web...

One of the stock planes is a Mooney Bravo... complete with a BK old style instrument panel...

It is not so handy for learning to fly... but for re-learning, the repetition and error finding is really good.

it also helps to be handy with a keyboard.  Otherwise the hardware starts getting a bit costly....  :)

I think the MSFT also has the Rod Machado flight lessons in it.  From VFR through IFR...  All stuff I have used in the past...

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

Matts,

Also Consider Using something like the Microsoft flight simulator.  Available through a company called Steam... search the web...

One of the stock planes is a Mooney Bravo... complete with a BK old style instrument panel...

It is not so handy for learning to fly... but for re-learning, the repetition and error finding is really good.

it also helps to be handy with a keyboard.  Otherwise the hardware starts getting a bit costly....  :)

I think the MSFT also has the Rod Machado flight lessons in it.  From VFR through IFR...  All stuff I have used in the past...

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the advice, I will look Steam and Rod machado up  There is so much information on the web now which makes things a little easier