lawsuit in Philly

Just now, Marauder said:

I think it started with the first guy who stuck $30,000 of new avionics in a $30,000 Mooney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not in a Mooney, but I resemble that remark in my last plane..... :D

And to think I am contemplating it again....

Tim

• Like 2

Hey let’s not all forget who gets the lions share of the settlement/judgement: U N C L E S U G A R. I believe direct injury related cash is tax deductible but not all of it! Part of it is double-taxed too; you pay taxes on the whole settlement/judgement and your attorney also pays taxes on his/her share. Obama admin made discriminatory settlement/judgements tax deductible as people were only seeing 0-35% of their actual award. The case that pushed this was a female police officer that was indisputably discriminated against and ended up owing over $100,000 in legal fees even after her huge settlement/judgement. It seems that the time, stress, and financial burdens of lawsuits aren’t really worth the time. To quote my attorney, “90% of these cases never make it to trial”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

Hey let’s not all forget who gets the lions share of the settlement/judgement: U N C L E S U G A R. THE L-A-W-Y-E-R-S ! ! !

To quote my attorney, “90% of these cases never make it to trial”.

The plaintiff's attorneys hope to not go to trial, they want to settle the case and take their cut of 33-50% of the settlement. A few good settlements and the lawyer will have enough money to retire and live well.  :angry:  :angry:

With almost as many lawyers as engineers in the USA it’s not a big surprise that your jobs and manufacturing plants are moving away.  You’ve got one group dedicated to building things and one group dedicated to stopping them.

Clarence

10 hours ago, jetdriven said:

This is the real story. 

probably beucase all their contract-sourced parts were crap.  Now they’re insourcing them  which I think is a great thing. 

When I used the term "in-sourcing" recently, I was told the p.c. term is "back-sourcing" by one of my folks working on their M.B.A. Whatever....

Didn't realize there was anything incorrect with calling it "in-sourcing". I guess that is so all of the outsourcing deals don't look like they are getting reversed after never making the cost savings and other goals they promised they would by moving the work "out" of the U.S.  (where is the eye-roll smiley?)

1 hour ago, Oldguy said:

When I used the term "in-sourcing" recently, I was told the p.c. term is "back-sourcing" by one of my folks working on their M.B.A. Whatever....

Didn't realize there was anything incorrect with calling it "in-sourcing". I guess that is so all of the outsourcing deals don't look like they are getting reversed after never making the cost savings and other goals they promised they would by moving the work "out" of the U.S.  (where is the eye-roll smiley?)

The plastics industry outsourced to the further East like mad in the late 90s and into the 2000s. The last few years have seen a lot of onshoring going on. I like that, it helps keep me employed and flying.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:34 AM, Oldguy said:

Back-sourcing is bring something back which was out-sourced.

In-sourcing is the generic to bring a function into the company which was not previously done by the company. Recent example is Tesla and the auto-pilot. They originally bought a third party system and then brought it in house; effectively in-sourcing.

Near-shoring is moving a function back near a primary location; usually within the same country and withing a few time-zones.

Off-shoring is moving a function to another country, usually driven by cost.

Most people use in-sourcing and back-sourcing interchangeably. Only an MBA would actually care about the difference.

Tim (not an MBA, but I have worked with enough of them)

1 hour ago, tspear said:

Back-sourcing is bring something back which was out-sourced.

In-sourcing is the generic to bring a function into the company which was not previously done by the company. Recent example is Tesla and the auto-pilot. They originally bought a third party system and then brought it in house; effectively in-sourcing.

Near-shoring is moving a function back near a primary location; usually within the same country and withing a few time-zones.

Off-shoring is moving a function to another country, usually driven by cost.

Most people use in-sourcing and back-sourcing interchangeably. Only an MBA would actually care about the difference.

Tim (not an MBA, but I have worked with enough of them)

This is exactly why I quit working on my MBA and went to work as a pilot instead!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tspear said:

um near shoring in my understanding is like Mexico or Canada or Central America to Estados Unidos.  As in not on shore, in the same country but not so far away as to negatively impact with time delays to the overall supply chain logistics.

Yetti (has possibly been involved in management consulting at one time or another)

31 minutes ago, Yetti said:

um near shoring in my understanding is like Mexico or Canada or Central America to Estados Unidos.  As in not on shore, in the same country but not so far away as to negatively impact with time delays to the overall supply chain logistics.

Yetti (has possibly been involved in management consulting at one time or another)

Could be, I am not an MBA. :-D

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, David Herman said:

So ... back to the facts. Would a different dual mag design have changed the outcome of taking off with copious amounts of water in the fuel and then the plot stalling the plane at altitude rather than establishing a glide?

For anyone who’s ever had water in the fuel ... of any engine ... you know just a drop can sit there and clog it up ... and wreak havoc on an engine ... 

No disrespect towards the deceased or families. It’s just the facts ... are the facts ... (unless you’re an “ambulance chasing” lawyer.)

Before you start spouting out , How much water was in the system , the lines , the gascolator???   And how many minutes was the engine running ???   You don't have a clue how much water will stop an engine , You don't know when it was fueled , last run , hangered the night before ??     And guess what , I don't believe that anyone here has done a static test to see ….  So before we go trashing the Pilots , (which you have already) and the attorneys and families ,  Lets step back , and look at the FACTS.....   Not what you think happened....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alan Fox said:

Before you start spouting out , How much water was in the system , the lines , the gascolator???   And how many minutes was the engine running ???   You don't have a clue how much water will stop an engine , You don't know when it was fueled , last run , hangered the night before ??     And guess what , I don't believe that anyone here has done a static test to see ….  So before we go trashing the Pilots , (which you have already) and the attorneys and families ,  Lets step back , and look at the FACTS.....   Not what you think happened....

I hope your pump hose is empty the next time you fuel...

• Like 1