Propellerhead Aviation & tank reseal

Fookz92

77 J

My left tank is leaking worse than I initially thought. Right tank is solid.  Thinking about getting both tanks done and call it a day. 

While looking at Weep no more and Wet wingologist, I came across another company Propellerhead Aviation, located in Winter Park, FL. They offer the leak free guarantee and warranty for 7 years also. 

Has anyone done business with them? Looking for feedback. They have the best deal so far. 

I wouldn't hesitate to ask them for references. Evidently they've done this before so someone out there has a Mooney with their work on it. It's not as good as a fully independent review but better than nothing.

How long have they been doing this? Where did they learn? Etc.

• Thanks 1

The OP also asked about this company on FB-Mooney Pilots as well as here. I am surprised, and concerned, that as of yet no one has stepped up to say they know the company let alone that they have experience with their fuel tank sealing expertise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

The OP also asked about this company on FB-Mooney Pilots as well as here. I am surprised, and concerned, that as of yet no one has stepped up to say they know the company let alone that they have experience with their fuel tank sealing expertise. 

I am taking note of that too. 

• 3 months later...

Bumping this post.  Any new news on Propellerhead?  My slight seeps are starting to grow up and I'm concerned they may start having kids soon.  So it's time to start investigating repairs.  Would love to use Wet Wingologists or similar, but this guys is MUCH closer.  And considering I would probably only fly with half tanks due to seep on the upper part of the tank, shorter is better.

There would have to be a compelling incentive to use this company or the Houston company for a complete re-seal over Weep No More or Wet Wingologists. And distance isn't a good enough reason for me. The two companies that have done this for years have an outstanding reputation in their work and the way they stand behind their work.

Even if it was less money I'd have a hard time going to another company,  except having Dugosh or Maxwell, etc try a patch if it was just leaking in a small spot or two. Dugosh looked at my left tank back in 2016 and said that the sealant was in good shape, but discovered two small spots - they patched those spots and I've been good. Someday when it's time for a complete re-seal it's going to Wilmar or Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 2

Devil's advocate.  Wet-wingologists and Weep-no-more went through periods when they were the new guys on the block.  Could be these propellerhead guys are in the same boat.  If they're offering a good guarantee (and it looks like they may be around to honor it) I might give it a try.

That said, I'd probably just pony up the extra $$$$$$ for bladders.  But that's me.

• 10 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 8:22 AM, Fookz92 said:

77 J

My left tank is leaking worse than I initially thought. Right tank is solid.  Thinking about getting both tanks done and call it a day. 

While looking at Weep no more and Wet wingologist, I came across another company Propellerhead Aviation, located in Winter Park, FL. They offer the leak free guarantee and warranty for 7 years also. 

Has anyone done business with them? Looking for feedback. They have the best deal so far. 

On 10/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, steingar said:

Devil's advocate.  Wet-wingologists and Weep-no-more went through periods when they were the new guys on the block.  Could be these propellerhead guys are in the same boat.  If they're offering a good guarantee (and it looks like they may be around to honor it) I might give it a try.

That said, I'd probably just pony up the extra $$$$$$ for bladders.  But that's me.

Propeller Head Aviation was in Winter Haven, Florida and have moved to the SE ramp at KSFB Sanford, Florida near Orlando.  I have a 78 201 and the owner Bill  did an excellent job of repairing the leaks in my Mooney. He is a pilot mechanic and is a very knowledgeable aviation mechanic. He will also install bladders if that's what you want.

• Like 1

Propeller Head Aviation was located in Winter Haven, Florida and now has moved to the SE ramp at KSFB  Sanford, Florida near Orlando. I have a 78 Mooney 201 and the owner Bill did an excellent job repairing fuel leaks in my Mooney.  He is a pilot mechanic and is a very knowledgeable aviation mechanic.  He will also install bladders if that is what you want.

• 5 weeks later...

Doesnt anyone just buy the proseal b and 1 hour later the seep is gone? The Mooney wings are these tiny little simple wet wings, hard to imagine an easier task in aviation maintenance. You can do it, trust me, it's easy.  I worried about it too until a non mechanic, non technical owner just did it with me. If you read aviation consumer the reviewer there says the spot repair is the only way to go. My tank sealant is 56 years old and doing well thank you.