Still a Mooniac...

My bird is gone, but hangar wasn't empty for long.  Mama is pregnant (our second) and she wants more room in an airplane.  You know what they say- the best plane for any mission is the one your wife likes.  The Tarbes Built Mooney (TBM) is still out of reach... 6 seat piston with some speed... pretty short list.  Made the flight home in an A36 from NJ to Dallas in 6.5 hrs of flight time (one stop).

I'll always be a Mooniac... I'm glad the new plane has air conditioning.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Scott, post some pics, but don’t change your avatar... :)

The avatar is like your soul.

Best regards,

-a-

:)  

I talked with DMAX after I bought her- he said I'm still allowed to come to longview as long as I park on the other side of the ramp.  I'm sure he'll make sure KRS charges a Beech premium.

I'll keep the photo for a while, but the new owner of my plane is here and I'm going to respect that change.  You don't want mistress' ex constantly reminding everyone.. not fair to him.

A couple photos attached.  Bird wasn't cleaned up to show- plane is in better condition that the photos would indicate.  She's a 1985 turbo normalized A36 with tip tanks, air conditioning, and oxygen. 1340 lbs of useful load, no damage history, 1950 hrs on the airframe but flying a lot recently.  Same owner for the last 15 years in NJ.

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

• Like 12

Mama Steingar don't like the Mooney, but Steingar don't care.  Plenty of room (we're all midgets in the Steinholme) she just doesn't like the seats.  Or the shoulder belts (she has trouble fastening them) but again Steingar don't care.  Safety trumps comfort any day of the week. She does seem talk the cupholder though.  Spanky looking Deb by the way.

Mama Steingar don't like the Mooney, but Steingar don't care.  Plenty of room (we're all midgets in the Steinholme) she just doesn't like the seats.  Or the shoulder belts (she has trouble fastening them) but again Steingar don't care.  Safety trumps comfort any day of the week. She does seem talk the cupholder though.  Spanky looking Deb by the way.

You should have your seats done in memory foam. Momma will like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

You should have your seats done in memory foam. Momma will like.

Mrs. Steingar says the seat bottoms are too short.  Never noticed myself.  Like I said, Steingar don't care.  Mrs. Steingar will like it well enough getting to where we're going in a third the time.

17 minutes ago, steingar said:

Mrs. Steingar says the seat bottoms are too short.  Never noticed myself.  Like I said, Steingar don't care.  Mrs. Steingar will like it well enough getting to where we're going in a third the time.

But ya gotta look at the long term picture... Increasing the comfort in the plane equates to a pleasurable experience. An increased pleasurable experience means when you say "Hon, I sure wish I had this gizmo in my plane, it would make the flight more pleasurable and safe" you'll get that approval for that overpriced gizmo. Worked for me. My wife is the one that suggested I get the ADS-B stuff done early and with TAS included. She is also the one that keeps asking for more trips.

The short seat bottom is an issue. Not difficult to correct with an extension of the memory foam. I never knew how bad my seats were until I had them redone. The memory foam makes a world of difference over that stuff they used in the 1970s.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

But ya gotta look at the long term picture... Increasing the comfort in the plane equates to a pleasurable experience. An increased pleasurable experience means when you say "Hon, I sure wish I had this gizmo in my plane, it would make the flight more pleasurable and safe" you'll get that approval for that overpriced gizmo. Worked for me. My wife is the one that suggested I get the ADS-B stuff done early and with TAS included. She is also the one that keeps asking for more trips.

The short seat bottom is an issue. Not difficult to correct with an extension of the memory foam. I never knew how bad my seats were until I had them redone. The memory foam makes a world of difference over that stuff they used in the 1970s.

Emphasis on "safe" is the key to a lot of upgrades getting approved by the copilot.

After my first 4 hour flight I had the ancient seat foam replaced with Confor Foam, made all the difference in the world as far as comfort goes, and not very expensive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

"Hon, I sure wish I had this gizmo in my plane, it would make the flight more pleasurable and safe" you'll get that approval for that overpriced gizmo. Worked for me.

Holy crap, you must've used that line a lot!

How are you gonna spin it to get the paint job done? ;)

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 3:21 PM, Marauder said:

I’m working on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You might try, “Honey, shiny new paint will make the plane more visible in flight and therefore safer”  

Clarence

On 6/8/2018 at 10:08 AM, Marauder said:

^^^  Sage advice there ^^^

1 hour ago, wcb said:

Were you just in Houston (IAH) at about 11:00 on Friday morning.  If not one just like it at Atlantic Aviation at IAH.

Wasn’t me and shouldn’t have been my plane. Was at West Houston on Tuesday.