Propeller Shop Info

Hello Florida Flyers. I am much closer to getting to fly N1157L 1982 M20K home from Fort Lauderdale to Tennessee. Annual inspection actually went well. The shop is working on some squeaks now to bring everything up to shape. As I still do not have any logs, and there was some vibration during the run-up, I am likely looking at a prop overhaul as well. If nothing else, it will get it to a point where I can restart a new log! Does anyone have any dealings with Palm Beach Propeller? They quoted me roughly $2500 for the overhaul, and an additional $600 per blade should I want them to replace the  heater elements (they have been removed). From what I've read, this sounds like a pretty fair market price for an overhaul. Thoughts? Concerns? Comments? As I am planning to use this for cross country flights, I will likely have the heater boots put back on. Thanks for your feedback.

IMG_6378.JPG

2 hours ago, Cody Stallings said:

Mooney didn’t survive though.

Sorry to hear this.  It almost looks as if you parked there after the storm.  How much damage does the plane have? Is it repairable or did the insurance total it?

It does.

looks in great shape from 50ft away.

Fitst alarming thing I noticed was all the oil under the engine compartment.

Left wing leading edge flaps an Ailerons are toast.

Right wing isn’t as bad, but it has wrinkles on the top of the wing.

With the Prop strike an engine inspection the Insurance through in the towel

E47A4770-E4F9-4BF6-8533-CF8FB09ED2E2.jpeg

E0057F20-0585-4347-A5F4-B4BD5C94CD28.jpeg

15BC03BC-E0EE-4B32-9931-685928EA82FB.jpeg

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...