Anyone from MooneySpace?

RLCarter

43 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

That's kind of sad haha. Do not many transient visitors come by your airport?

Hay Jesse,

I was looking for some place to go for a weekend trip. Is there anything to see and do in Camarillo?

I've been to your airport, but I've never left the grounds.

8 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Hay Jesse,

I was looking for some place to go for a weekend trip. Is there anything to see and do in Camarillo?

I've been to your airport, but I've never left the grounds.

Aside from WingSwap HQ? :D Hmmm. It's its a 10 minute drive/uber to the coast at point mugu, and there's the largest outdoor shopping mall a 2 minute drive from the airport. Other than that, Camarillo doesn't have that much in the way of things to do off airport nearby. As most know though, the Waypoint Cafe on the airport is the best diner in the country. The downside is everyone knows that, and so the wait is usually an hour.

1 hour ago, M20FanJesse said:

That's kind of sad haha. Do not many transient visitors come by your airport?

Sad isn't even close....... One plus is its easy to get in and out of.      lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, steingar said:

Wasn't me.  I don't seem to fly my Mooney, just pay for it to be in the shop.

I feel your pain, luckily I do most of my own maintinace (with an IA), but it sure seems like there's always something that could use attention 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 5:50 PM, RLCarter said:

497A2CB8-5FA4-4144-A41D-13C076572572.thumb.jpeg.9f08ee3a541502f2ceeeaf542eaf8754.jpeg

A rare sight having 2 aircraft on our ramp let alone 2 Mooney’s...

I parked next to that Mooney on purpose - I think we were the only two airplanes on the field (T65). Us Mooneys have to stick together. (That's me on the right.) I stayed overnight and came back home today. Very warm in Weslaco!! But I like your fuel price, $3.80 with an Air Boss card and Manny topped me off. Great service!

743793318_ScreenShot2018-06-07at6_23_34PM.thumb.png.a348bd69b03154899936e1453f22e00d.png

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 4:56 PM, M20FanJesse said:

As most know though, the Waypoint Cafe on the airport is the best diner in the country. The downside is everyone knows that, and so the wait is usually an hour.

Dude, turn in your MAN card if you think people go there for the food......      (( . )Y( . ))     

The wedge salad is good though....

• Like 1