Need Mooney Ferry Pilot (US to Germany)

Hey guys,

after more than 10y. in the US I’m moving back to Germany this August and need an experienced ferry pilot who can fly a M20J along the northern route from the US East coast to MGL in Germany.

Any recommendations? 

Thanks a lot!

Tim

p.s Plane has 80H on O time factory reman engine, brand new prop overhaul, Dual G5’s, JPI 830, 650, SL30, GTX345, GPSS, etc and  is completely restored and maintained. 

Welcome aboard Dr. C!

We have at least one MSer with US to Europe delivery experience, and a few that have flown that flight and others, completely around the world...

Check in with @Piloto.  José has posted pictures of the Mooney / Northern Route... is intimately familiar with fuel tanks and has familiarity with radios down to the antenna design.... 

This special blue box with his screen name in it is an invitation for him to visit this thread... it may take a few hours for him to see it. It’s pretty late on a Tuesday where he is... or early on a Wednesday.... :)

Best regards,

-a-

12 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Dr. C!

We have at least one MSer with US to Europe delivery experience, and a few that have flown that flight and others, completely around the world...

Check in with @Piloto.  José has posted pictures of the Mooney / Northern Route... is intimately familiar with fuel tanks and has familiarity with radios down to the antenna design.... 

This special blue box with his screen name in it is an invitation for him to visit this thread... it may take a few hours for him to see it. It’s pretty late on a Tuesday where he is... or early on a Wednesday.... :)

Best regards,

-a-

Also he will install a pilot relief tube for your use and show you how to use wd40

• Haha 2

Hi Tim,

I have flown my and other Mooneys several times back and forth between Germany and the US.  End of August I will fly with a M20K to Boston from Germany. My home base is presently KBED. Happy to chat (gern auch auf Deutsch).

The bigger part of the preparation was all the time to get the paperwork set up. Especially if you like to keep the Mooney in the EU. Insurance for the ferry flight, tax handling (assume the Mooney is part of your moving goods) etc.  There are some things that needs to be planed ahed if its not just a visit for some weeks. 

The routing is almost given with a J and just have some "weather options". You would also need a ferry tank for some more routing options. 

There are several options for a ferry pilot. Guido or Arnim are just some. Why you are not flying with one of the guys? It's a very impressive flight.

Hendrik

IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8110.JPG

IMG_8120.JPG

• Like 1

Hendrik,

How flexible is your schedule?

You will be flying a Mooney from Germany to Boston... in August...?

Dr. Caligari is looking to move his J from the East Coast, or Possibly Dallas... (according to his tail number)... to Germany in August.

There may be some efficiency of skipping the expense of repositioning the ferry pilot...?

This could work well for everybody involved...

See if Tim has checked in lately.... @dr_caligari

Just a PP trying to help connect MS people around the globe...

Best regards,

-a-

3 hours ago, Robert C. said:

Check out Guido Warnecke. https://www.facebook.com/guido.warnecke and also on Youtube

He is a professional ferry pilot  (and German) who has ferried Mooneys and other piston aircraft accros the pond. Although nowadays he seems to spend more time in turboprops and turbines :)

Thanks Robert, I emailed with him briefly