M20C Interior Ducting Parts

Hi Mooney Space,

I've bought into a 1970 M20C with user hook_dupin and we have it down for mx and a panel upgrade (it's taking a while but that'll be another thread).  While down we are taking out the old cracked panels, fixing and filling cracks, painting and replacing.  While the ceiling was down, it appears the ducting around the vents has cracked and been repaired by WAY too much duct tape.  At the very least that is coming down and some nice aluminum speed tape will go up, but does anyone know where we can source new or used duct parts for this?  Looks like part numbers 640198-1/2/3.  

Thanks,

Bhop - 84V

Welcome aboard, Bhop.

Using the search function... you can find a lot of details regarding the vent, it’s filter material, the drain tube and a bunch of other detail...

For used parts...

We have two suppliers...  @acpartswhse And @Alan Fox

For new parts from the factory...  contact your MSC. If you need an MSC... Start with Lasar.com...

Skip the duct tape if you can...

PP thoughts only not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

We were getting almost no airflow out of our overhead vents. If you put your hand up at the top of the windshield there was a decent amount of airflow coming out of the headliner. I removed it and found the ductwork in a sad state. I used aluminum foil tape to seal everything up nice, removed the piece at the front that somewhere along the years was bent up (possibly when the 201 style windshield went in?) and replaced the old tired insulation while I was in there. Final result was great airflow through the vents.

Mich less expensive than replacing the actual duct work.

1 hour ago, bhop said:

Hi Mooney Space,

I've bought into a 1970 M20C with user hook_dupin and we have it down for mx and a panel upgrade (it's taking a while but that'll be another thread).  While down we are taking out the old cracked panels, fixing and filling cracks, painting and replacing.  While the ceiling was down, it appears the ducting around the vents has cracked and been repaired by WAY too much duct tape.  At the very least that is coming down and some nice aluminum speed tape will go up, but does anyone know where we can source new or used duct parts for this?  Looks like part numbers 640198-1/2/3.  

Thanks,

Bhop - 84V

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/search/search.php?s=cat+ducting&x=0&y=0

8 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

These are all round hoses. 

What's in the ceiling of my 1970 C, buried under much tape, is a shattered piece of hard plastic several inches wide and less than an inch thick, to fit under the ceiling panel. I've given up on finding a replacement . . . . But may try to fabricate a replacement one day  . . . . with great hopes, many wishes and a vague idea of what it should look like.

So it's the joint between part 1 and 2/3 that has been broken off, not some round ducting (I wish it was that simple).  I'll try the part links listed, but I'm guessing we will end up like hank with a taped mess of hopes and dreams.  I don't think we have part 4 at all so maybe just one of those will be cheap enough to make it worth it.image.thumb.png.4723b702f50ff4bb82570f7efbafd3d6.png

Thanks for the ideas!

BHop

2 hours ago, Hank said:

I can't open that (HEIC?).

But my vents work fine, it's getting air from the scoop to the two front vents that is the problem.

When I had the headliner out I sealed my aluminum plenum with foil tape, I keep the rear vents closed which bumps the velocity to the front vents, rear passengers suffer some but they get over it....lol