Boston Airport

slowflyin

I prefer BOS ;) but I go in there a lot and I don’t have to pay the fees...

I suspect that OWD is more “small” GA friendly than BED. The fees and fuel should be more reasonable. BED has become very expensive in recent years.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOWD (Norwood) is my choice for easy in and out.  The FBO is nothing great but the fees are cheap which makes it easy for my commute.  KBED (Hanscom) can be a PITA at times due to arrival and departure load.  

• Like 1

Yes but would you choose it over Norwood in a Mooney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried both. My son goes to Tufts and I take him back to Boston or I pick him up. The ride from KBED to Cambridge is shorter and cheaper. It compensates for the more expensive fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use 6B6 Minuteman in Stow. Don and Nancy McPherson. http://minutemanairfield.com/

By far the cheapest self serve fuel in the area.

Rental car is Enterprise, not on the field but they will pick you up and car can be left at the field for return. 

I call ahead and they reserve a tie down spot. They've added some more hangars this year so it's possible you could get inside. 

• Like 1

I used KOWD to rent a car and drive... (went to high School the next town over...)

We have an MSer at KBED...

Around Aug - Jan use caution with the traffic pattern... there is a stadium that a football team plays at... Gillette stadium home of the NE Pats.  :)

Best regards,

-a-

I am in Boston every other weekend or so.  I use KBED.    In the Mooney, I would use Signature.  There is a .50/gal discount on Avgas on the weekend that makes the fuel prices easier to swallow.    In the Meridian, I use Rectrix as the fuel and ramp fees are a great deal for CAA members (but that won’t help for the Mooney).

All three of the FBO’s have rental cars on site.   And all three will forget to top you off before you leave if you don’t call and remind them.

I used KOWD one time and the traffic was particularly bad into town.   But using the T will avoid that.

Brad

2006 Meridian N951TB

Guest Mike261

KLWM is an often overlooked option.

Eagle East Aviation. crew car. short drive to Boston.

Tim Campbell at Eagle is very accomodating.

Mike

Looks at Bobs idea if you want to rent a car.  I’ve rented from BED in the past. That will work but your FBOs are going to be pricey. Worcester is a bit over an hour depending on traffic and it’s a Massport airport so ... take it for what it is   

I used to be based at OWD.  It’s all pretty reasonable down there.  If you want to avoid driving in Boston (I would), grab the commuter line from Norwood.  It’s easy and relaxing.