Hour Meter after JPI upgrade

Has anyone who has upgraded to an EDM 900 dealt with the factory hour meter?  Should it keep working?  Or will it go inop and need to be replaced with something else?  And/or does the EDM 900 track the time instead?

If anyone has done this upgrade on a Moritz equipped Ovation and removed the Moritz gauge cluster, I'm curious how the hour meter worked afterward.

The EDM 900 records Hobbs time and tach time, so you can use those going forward as you see fit.

My 77 J didn't have an hour meter when I did my upgrade, but I did add one triggered with an airspeed switch to record flight time for my own desires. Maintenance is still tracked by tach time.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, David Herman said:

Our previous factory RPM Guage recorded Tach times. We removed it when we installed an EDM-930.

Our new EDM 930 records both tach and Hobbs. You’ll need to program it (go into programming mode) with the times you saw (and hopefully recorded) at installation. On the EDM-930 you can display the times by simultaneously pressing two buttons ...( I’m thinking it’s the LF and the BRT-DIM. If not it’s the two on the left? Lol I do it every flight ... twice ... but I can’t recall for sure. )

It may be slightly different for your EDM-900? 

It is the LF and Dim buttons that need to be pushed together. One note on the Hobbs/Tach in the JPI 900. My JPI seems to be running faster than both the mechanical tach and the EI RPM tach that I replaced it with. I know that there is a threshold that should be set. I think it is 2400 or somewhere near that. Anyone know what it is supposed to be set at?

On 6/4/2018 at 12:13 PM, Marauder said:

It is the LF and Dim buttons that need to be pushed together. One note on the Hobbs/Tach in the JPI 900. My JPI seems to be running faster than both the mechanical tach and the EI RPM tach that I replaced it with. I know that there is a threshold that should be set. I think it is 2400 or somewhere near that. Anyone know what it is supposed to be set at?

Just for reference, our R-1 begins to accrue time at a ratio of 1:1 at 1300 RPM.

• Like 2

Just for reference, our R-1 begins to accrue time at a ratio of 1:1 at 1300 RPM.

Thanks. The JPI is certainly running faster for some reason. Very pleased with your products starting way back in 1992 or 3 with the FP-5L I installed and still have today (which you upgraded to LED backlighting a few years ago).

78f08219f56bf1d0f31e5eabe9cb0fac.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro