Why we like the U.P. in the winter time

I've been helping a friend looking to do some carbon fiber work on his experimental airplane (guess he thinks I can do carbon fiber?).  Anyway, he decided to send me some pictures of his Kitfox flying adventures this winter.  These were taken on Lake Superior, two on the ice and one just after the ice broke.  I really like the last one of the light house.  

Tom

Ed S winter flying 2018.JPG

Ed S winter flying 2018-2.JPG

Ed S winter flying 2018-3.JPG

• Like 5

Ice came off our local lake the first week of May.  My son and 2 of his friends (and my wife) wanted to take our water ski boat out over Memorial Day weekend (no water skiing or tubing, just get out on the water).  It was 90 degrees so the boys jumped into the lake to cool off, baiting the old man (me) to do the same.  Not being known to pass up a challenge, I jumped in not once, but twice.  Felt good to cool off but it was really evident the ice had only been off for 3 1/2 weeks.  Took your breath away when you went in!

Tom