What's this?

Time to Chase the wires..... see what’s at the other end?

Got a pic of the panel?  Is it an annunciators button for a GPS?

Is it a replacement for the gear indicator (also green and yellowish)

The green button says ON (sideways)

Log books have a tendency to include things that have been added to the panel.  Did you review the log books?

PP thoughts only, never saw anything like it, that I remember....

Best regards,

-a-

I've been in a lot of older airplanes and have never seen anything like it.  The colors are very non-standard for aviation controls/indicators.   None of it makes any sense to me.   I agree with -a- that it is time to chase wires.

• Like 1

As defined by google image search - a gadget

"A gadget is a small tool such as a machine that has a particular function, but is often thought of as a novelty. Gadgets are sometimes referred to as gizmos."

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Mike Ropers said:

As defined by google image search - a gadget

"A gadget is a small tool such as a machine that has a particular function, but is often thought of as a novelty. Gadgets are sometimes referred to as gizmos."

The feminine of which is thingamajig.  

It looks like this Switch assy is attached to copilot's panel overlay (over an old Mooney sign) and screw is missing/removed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not even connected to anything but it shouldn't be hard to trace wires since overlay is removed. When I bought my plane, at that location there was a red "PANIC" button bonded to the panel. :P

21 hours ago, Ross Woodley said:

Anyone have any idea what these buttons are for...my A&P doesn't, but don't want to rip it out if there's something worthwhile here...Thanks...

Buttons.jpg

They are the older style flight attendant call buttons. The green one is reserved for the hot and sexy ones. :wub:  Don't overuse it because you'll piss them off! The yellow one is for an emergency. Maybe you spilled your drink, the obnoxious kid behind you insists on kicking your seat or the pax next to you reeks like he/she has not showered in over a month! :angry:

I think I've got it.......

This button engages the "Turbo Encaburator" installed in the early 60's by Rockwell to prohibit sinusoidal repleneration on certain C models. 

For a further explanation: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, L. Trotter said:

I think I've got it.......

This button engages the "Turbo Encaburator" installed in the early 60's by Rockwell to prohibit sinusoidal repleneration on certain C models. 

For a further explanation: 

Obviously.