Oshkosh 2018 MooneySpace Social, July 23rd

yvesg

Hi folks, upon popular demand, we have managed to reserve the Mooney Caravan tent for our yearly get together again. Same as last year, we will have pizza, beer and soft drinks for all people attending. As for the previous similar events, we will provide name tags for those who sign-up while responding to this thread. This is the best opportunity to meet with other MooneySpace forum members face-to-face. We had a very good turnout last year.

More info:

• When: July 23rd, 6:30 PM (This is the Monday)
  • Location: At the Mooney Caravan tent which is usually on the west side of North 40. Since the Caravan arrives Saturday instead of Sunday, we expect the tent to be much closer to the main presentations area this year.
  • All Mooney interested people are invited

In order to help pay for the beer, pops, pizza and name tags we will accept donations (no minimum, CBs are welcome). Any remaining amount will be split evenly between the Mooney Caravan Safety Foundation and the MooneySpace web site.

We had Van Allen Airmotive sponsor the event last year however I found out this week that they are not coming to Oshkosh this year. If anyone would be willing (or know someone who might want to help the event the same way) to take this sponsorship, feel free to get in touch with me. People can contact me in private or email here: yvesg@semo.ca

In order to get a name tag, please respond to this thread no later than July 16th and indicate the number of people in your party with the wanted names (usually MooneySpace handle) on the tag. Having headcount will help making sure we have enough pizza and drinks.

I will periodically post the list of signed-ups here. See ya!

Yves

pizzabeer.jpg

• Like 1

I’m not flying in with the caravan as I couldn’t free up time to make a clinic this year.  Would I still be able to park amongst other Mooney “relatives”, and if so, am I better off arriving Saturday or Sunday (7/21 or 22)?

Steve

5 minutes ago, StevenL757 said:

I’m not flying in with the caravan as I couldn’t free up time to make a clinic this year.  Would I still be able to park amongst other Mooney “relatives”, and if so, am I better off arriving Saturday or Sunday (7/21 or 22)?

It will be a bit of a long shot. You get parked where they park you. In fact the whole reason for the Caravan is not to be cool and fly formation, but to be able to park and camp together. But if you want to try, you'll likely need to arrive Saturday. By Sunday you might be parking on the other side of the N40.

3 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

I should be there, hopefully with Steve Phillips, my hangar partner and a Mooney pilot, and my sis (Cheryle Sullivan) from Port Angeles, WA, a pilot as well.

Tom Sullivan

Say hi to Cheryle for me.  My inspiration to try harder, smarter, and more often...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

List of signed-ups so far:

yvesg + Diane

Junkman + Glennie

Bob_Belville + Nancy

gsxrpilot

Danb

DanM20C

FlyChickie + @autopatch + 3

BDPeterson