Oshkosh 2018 MooneySpace Social, July 23rd

yvesg

16 hours ago, Marauder said:

I stopped over at my airport last night and ran into a Cessna owner who was on the flight line when the Mooney Caravan landed. He said you guys were booed because you delayed the warbirds from landing. That true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From the left seat of P2... I couldn't hear them. :P

I heard "Doc" call tower to announce that he was straight in 36R.  Tower asked who "Doc" was like they'd never heard of him.  They made him hold over the airport and land behind us. :D

You can sense the cognitive stress of ATC as the pattern fills up as the flow from Fiske is maxed out...

We were in the air mid Thursday morning coming in on the Fisk arrival... we rocked the wings when asked... and didn’t hear another thing until told to land after some colored dot.... (and watch out for the pair of Tri-motors below us....) :)  We were briefly discussing internally, the going missed procedure... when the instruction to land came through...

Dealing with a bunch of formators must really load the ATC cognitive abilities / system, but a lot better than the long gaggle of the days before...

its amazing how well orchestrated everyone is.  From ATC to PPs.... ATC was on the ground interacting with people walking around asking if we had any questions...handing out info cards.... really outgoing forward thinking experience....

Go Caravan Training!

Best regards,

-a-

Sorry for the delay but I was hosting a corn/pig roast at home this weekend and had my hands full. Here is the financial results for the social:

Financial report for MooneySpace Social held on Monday July 23rd, 2018 in Oshkosh, WI

Income:

Donations:   $1096
Sponsor #1:  $ 250  Payment received by Mooney Caravan
Sponsor #2:  $ 250  Invoiced by Mooney Caravan, expecting payment soon (pending)

Total:       $1596

Expenses:

Pizza:       $ 696
Nametags:    $  28
Drinks + ice:$ 320 (Paid by Mooney Caravan)

Total:       $1044

Results:

Income:      $1596
Expenses:    $1044

Net (over):  $ 532

$532 / 2 = $276 (It was understood that any remaining amount from donations would be split evenly between Mooney Caravan and MooneySpace)

Mooney Caravan received $250 + $250 (pending) - $320 + $96 (cash, taken from donations) = $276

MooneySpace will receive $276 via Paypall by Yves Grenier as soon as the pending sponsor #2 Payment
is received by Mooney Caravan. If the payment does not get received within 30 days of invoicing, a new statement will be produced to re-balance things between Mooney Caravan and MooneySpace.

Cash amount were counted and verified by MooneySpace Members Ned Gravel and Alan Millet. Accounting was verified by Robert Davis, CPA, Mooney Caravan accountant.

I would like to thanks the following persons / sponsors who allowed this event to happen:

David and Cindy Staffeldt  from GDS aero

Barry Leblanc  from Genesys Aerosystems

Ned Gravel (volunteer)

Alan Millet (volunteer)

Ute Gravel (volunteer)

Brenda Millet (volunteer)

Dolores Davis (volunteer)

Diane Barbeau (volunteer)

Robert Davis (accounting)

Debbie Shopperly (access to vehicle to carry stuff around)

All Mooney Caravan Safety foundation executive for providing access to the tent for the event and publicizing the event on their web site.

Thanks to all attendees who were quite generous with their donations.

Yves "Olaf" Grenier

• Like 3

Sorry for the delay but I was hosting a corn/pig roast at home this weekend and had my hands full. Here is the financial results for the social:
Financial report for MooneySpace Social held on Monday July 23rd, 2018 in Oshkosh, WI
Income:
Donations:   $1096
Sponsor #1:  $ 250  Payment received by Mooney Caravan
Sponsor #2:  $ 250  Invoiced by Mooney Caravan, expecting payment soon (pending)
Total:       $1596
Expenses:
Pizza:       $ 696
Nametags:    $  28
Drinks + ice:$ 320 (Paid by Mooney Caravan)
Total:       $1044

Results:
Income:      $1596
Expenses:    $1044
Net (over):  $ 532
$532 / 2 = $276 (It was understood that any remaining amount from donations would be split evenly between Mooney Caravan and MooneySpace)
Mooney Caravan received $250 + $250 (pending) - $320 + $96 (cash, taken from donations) = $276
MooneySpace will receive $276 via Paypall by Yves Grenier as soon as the pending sponsor #2 Payment
is received by Mooney Caravan. If the payment does not get received within 30 days of invoicing, a new statement will be produced to re-balance things between Mooney Caravan and MooneySpace.
Cash amount were counted and verified by MooneySpace Members Ned Gravel and Alan Millet. Accounting was verified by Robert Davis, CPA, Mooney Caravan accountant.
I would like to thanks the following persons / sponsors who allowed this event to happen:
David and Cindy Staffeldt  from GDS aero
Barry Leblanc  from Genesys Aerosystems
Ned Gravel (volunteer)
Alan Millet (volunteer)
Ute Gravel (volunteer)
Brenda Millet (volunteer)
Dolores Davis (volunteer)
Diane Barbeau (volunteer)
Robert Davis (accounting)
Debbie Shopperly (access to vehicle to carry stuff around)
All Mooney Caravan Safety foundation executive for providing access to the tent for the event and publicizing the event on their web site.
Thanks to all attendees who were quite generous with their donations.
Yves "Olaf" Grenier

What about the pictures? To prove you were there and people actually ate food!

There were a ton of witnesses.  It was a great event! Caught up with a lot of Mooney owners and pilots and finally connected with others.  But no, I didn't take a picture.

Yves - new position for next year, have someone volunteer to take pics of the Mooney Space social!

I will try very hard to be there again.

GREAT event.

-Seth

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Seth said:

There were a ton of witnesses.  It was a great event! Caught up with a lot of Mooney owners and pilots and finally connected with others.  But no, I didn't take a picture.

Yves - new position for next year, have someone volunteer to take pics of the Mooney Space social!

I will try very hard to be there again.

GREAT event.

-Seth

I had the same idea after Marauder’s request. Thanks Seth. 

Yves

• 3 weeks later...