Oshkosh 2018 MooneySpace Social, July 23rd

yvesg

On 5/31/2018 at 8:17 PM, yvesg said:

Hi folks, upon popular demand, we have managed to reserve the Mooney Caravan tent for our yearly get together again. Same as last year, we will have pizza, beer and soft drinks for all people attending. As for the previous similar events, we will provide name tags for those who sign-up while responding to this thread. This is the best opportunity to meet with other MooneySpace forum members face-to-face. We had a very good turnout last year.

More info:

• When: July 23rd, 6:30 PM (This is the Monday)
  • Location: At the Mooney Caravan tent which is usually on the west side of North 40. Since the Caravan arrives Saturday instead of Sunday, we expect the tent to be much closer to the main presentations area this year.
  • All Mooney interested people are invited

In order to help pay for the beer, pops, pizza and name tags we will accept donations (no minimum, CBs are welcome). Any remaining amount will be split evenly between the Mooney Caravan Safety Foundation and the MooneySpace web site.

We had Van Allen Airmotive sponsor the event last year however I found out this week that they are not coming to Oshkosh this year. If anyone would be willing (or know someone who might want to help the event the same way) to take this sponsorship, feel free to get in touch with me. People can contact me in private or email here: yvesg@semo.ca

In order to get a name tag, please respond to this thread no later than July 16th and indicate the number of people in your party with the wanted names (usually MooneySpace handle) on the tag. Having headcount will help making sure we have enough pizza and drinks.

I will periodically post the list of signed-ups here. See ya!

Yves

pizzabeer.jpg

Hi, Can you call me at 940-327-0707 about donating to the sponsorship?

We are heading of to LAX tomorrow at 3:00 am. flying commercial to see family in WI.

Any advice on the easiest way to find the meet up?  Do we have to go though the main gate, or is there

another way to sneak in?

Looking forward to pizza and beer.  I'll be wearing my bright red West Coast Mooney Club T shirt!

Simon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Simon said:

We are heading of to LAX tomorrow at 3:00 am. flying commercial to see family in WI.

Any advice on the easiest way to find the meet up?  Do we have to go though the main gate, or is there

another way to sneak in?

Looking forward to pizza and beer.  I'll be wearing my bright red West Coast Mooney Club T shirt!

Simon

It will be in the North 40.  Does not require sneaking in.  Parking on the other hand may be a challenge.  There should be an update once we know where in the North 40 the Caravan sets up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yvesg said:

Update: The Mooney Caravan group is still in Madison due to weather. We expect to be able to go to Oshkosh today. Monday night social still in the plans.

Yves

Yesterday right after mission scrubbed message.  The Mooneys were relegated to the South ramp to make room for WWII bombers in front of the FBO.  Fluorescent green shirts are the Caravan pilots, most of which were still at the hotel 

2FBB8A0B-2491-4DED-834E-C631A625CB70.jpeg

Oh and by the way. If some can carry with them their camp chair...this will ensure you will be able to sit... the tent has tables and chairs but with the high number, might run out of room.

Yves