Oshkosh 2018 MooneySpace Social, July 23rd

yvesg

Good news. Sabremech has offered to help by becoming sponsor for the event through his company: GDS Aero, manufacturers of the Mooney Sabre Cowl. This will ensure we end-up in the green for expenses for the event. More to follow.

Thanks DavidĀ and Cindi.

Yves

• Like 8

I anyone planning to fly into KSBM during Oshkosh? Ā  Iā€™ve been a renter and am currently working on my IFR and am considering purchasing a Mooney. Ā  I have time in Cessna, Piper, Cirrus, and Diamond aircraft primarily but Mooney has risen on my radar based purely on my research as I have never set foot in one. Ā  Would love the opportunity to see the inside and if possible even go up for a flight.

I live and work about 5 minutes from KSBM and plan to make it to Oshkosh for a day or afternoon as well.

Ā 

Edited by jjbiub

10 minutes ago, jjbiub said:

I live and work about.5 minutes from KSBM and plan to make it to Oshkosh for a day or afternoon as well.

I suspect that if you traverse the North 40 during the morning or evening you'll find plenty of willing Mooney pilots happy to show off their aircraft. Ā Flying one is a bit more of a deal during the show.

• Like 1

I've been slacking on posting on MooneySpace lately, but I will be at OSH this year and would like to attend.

A friend's flying in with me, so it'll be me + 1. He's a Cherokee-owner so everyone can feel free to make fun of him. Thanks!

Edited by N9453V
  • Like 1

List of signed-ups so far:

yvesg + Diane
Junkman + Glennie
Bob_Belville + Nancy
gsxrpilot
Danb + Fran
DanM20C
FlyChickie + @autopatch + 3
BDPeterson
M20F-1968 John Breda
steingar
jasona900
Dan at Ful
L Trotter, S Trotter, R Trotter
Tom Sullivan, Cheryle Sullivan, Steve Phillips
Bryan Brannon, Lee Brannon
StevenL757 + 1
Amillet + Brenda?
ElkoRandy20J
DualRatedFlyer + 2
Sabremech
Ned + Ute
Marcopolo, Mini Marcopolo, Boss Marcopolo
Lotsofgadgets, Austin
mike_elliott
FoxMike + 4
skydvrboy + 2
Lancecasper
N9201A (Larry)
Simon + wife
Seth
Don Kaye + Shirley McLaren
kpaul + 1
Rich & Kim Hill
PeytonM
M20FanJesse + Grandpa
Keith20EH + 2
1967 427 + wife
RocketAviator + Billie + Grandson
ExM20K
Tony__L
RocketMan
Rudest Buddhist + Ms
Stephen Skinner
kellym
N9405V (Wade Shoop)
JeffMirs
M20JFlyer
John B + Debbie
CraigV
Dr. Dubin
Bayern Speed + son
Dspeterson + Ben + Sam
Brad Podd + Olivia
cliffy + Carol
N9453V + 1
FlyingAg14

Current count: 101

DEADLINE: In order to have a name tag, the deadline to indicate your attendance is Monday July 16th at 00:00 hrs ZULU.

If you believe you still have time... lets make the deadline a bit earlier: Sunday July 15th at 23:59 ZULU. This is Sunday night folks!

Last call on this!

Any registration after this time will not get the nice (cheap) MS printed nametag.

Yves

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, "Chocks" said:

Chocks will be there, +1. Contribution in hand

ohhhĀ NO SAY IT AINT SO.....

How come you aren'tĀ signed up to flying up with the Texas Wing!Ā 

Looking forwardĀ to seeing you my friend....Ā  See you in KMSN.

Edited by RocketAviator
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RocketAviator said:

ohhhĀ NO SAY IT AINT SO.....

How come you aren'tĀ signed up to flying up with the Texas Wing!Ā 

Looking forwardĀ to seeing you my friend....Ā  See you in KMSN.

Oh Iā€™m registered and I got promoted toĀ a #3 wingman this year flying in Rockets element.

Not sure if my buddy can get off work early enough Thursday to go up together. Cross your fingers!Ā ;)Ā See you soon!Ā 

Edited by "Chocks"
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, "Chocks" said:

Oh Iā€™m registered and I got promoted toĀ a #3 wingman this year flying in Rockets element.

Not sure if my buddy can get off work early enough Thursday to go up together. Cross your fingers!Ā ;)Ā See you soon!Ā 

You know what No. 3 means, Chocks?Ā  Closest to the crowds!Ā  Make your element Lead look good ... especially THAT one, or you will never hear the end of it here!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, amillet said:

I thought being # 3Ā meant that lead doesnā€™t trust you to land next to him in the element landingĀ :unsure:

Actually Lead and #3 areĀ the Element for landing with #2 on the taxiway or 36R.

List of signed at 00:00 Hrs Zulu:

yvesg + Diane
Junkman + Glennie
Bob_Belville + Nancy
gsxrpilot
Danb + Fran
DanM20C
FlyChickie + @autopatch + 3
BDPeterson
M20F-1968 John Breda
steingar
jasona900
Dan at Ful
L Trotter, S Trotter, R Trotter
Tom Sullivan, Cheryle Sullivan, Steve Phillips
Bryan Brannon, Lee Brannon
StevenL757 + 1
Amillet + Brenda?
ElkoRandy20J
DualRatedFlyer + 2
Sabremech
Ned + Ute
Marcopolo, Mini Marcopolo, Boss Marcopolo
Lotsofgadgets, Austin
mike_elliott
FoxMike + 4
skydvrboy + 2
Lancecasper
N9201A (Larry)
Simon + wife
Seth
Don Kaye + Shirley McLaren
kpaul + 1
Rich & Kim Hill
PeytonM
M20FanJesse + Grandpa
Keith20EH + 2
1967 427 + wife
RocketAviator + Billie + Grandson
ExM20K
Tony__L
RocketMan
Rudest Buddhist + Ms
Stephen Skinner
kellym
N9405V (Wade Shoop)
JeffMirs
M20JFlyer
John B + Debbie
CraigV
Dr. Dubin
Bayern Speed + son
Dspeterson + Ben + Sam
Brad Podd + Olivia
cliffy + Carol
N9453V + 1
FlyingAg14
ThorFlight + Eli

Current count: 103. We have also about 20 more guests that are part of the Caravan but not MooneySpace members... so a total of about 123 people. Those 20 contacted me via email to let me know they will be there.

DEADLINE: Deadline is past. I will only make additions if you signaled your attendance before the deadline and I missed it. (Has to be done no later than Monday) Please review the above list. Not being on this list only mean that the pilot will not have a name tag with "printed" MooneySpace handle. We will have spare ones allowing writing handle with a Sharpie pen and people (like Bob) who want people to write their full name :-)

Tags expectations: With the large number of people, we will only have tags for pilots.

Yves

20 hours ago, "Chocks" said:

Congratulations!Ā  Hope you are able to join us on Thursday.

Ā 

I thought being # 3Ā meant that lead doesnā€™t trust you to land next to him in the element landingĀ :unsure:

That used to be true. We renumbered to conform with FFI/FAST practice where "2" is the less-experienced wing.
  • Like 1