Oshkosh 2018 MooneySpace Social, July 23rd

yvesg

Checked the website? I recall a few years back seeing something on the AirVenture website about this and then using the info. Many campers have things they need to receive or send, the package delivery services have booths on the AirVenture grounds. I’m not sure about Camp Scholler.

Officially you are supposed to ship to GES Services and they are typically located behind Hangar A. You cannot ship to Camp Scholler.

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/services/shipping-services

1 hour ago, autopatch said:

Officially you are supposed to ship to GES Services and they are typically located behind Hangar A. You cannot ship to Camp Scholler.

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/services/shipping-services

Uncertainty posited?  MooneySpacers provide clarity!

• Like 2

RocketAviator aka (RocketMan call sign in the Mooney Caravan)

Plan to attend + 2 (Mrs RocketAviator / RocketMan aka Billie, and Grandson)

with a contribution in hand

Sorry for any confusion with call signs and names... Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.

Edited by RocketAviator

List of signed-ups so far:

yvesg + Diane
Junkman + Glennie
Bob_Belville + Nancy
gsxrpilot
Danb + Fran
DanM20C
FlyChickie + @autopatch + 3
BDPeterson
M20F-1968 John Breda
steingar
jasona900
Dan at Ful
L Trotter, S Trotter, R Trotter
Tom Sullivan, Cheryle Sullivan, Steve Phillips
Bryan Brannon, Lee Brannon
StevenL757 + 1
Amillet
ElkoRandy20J
DualRatedFlyer + 2
Sabremech
Ned + Ute
Marcopolo, Mini Marcopolo, Boss Marcopolo
Lotsofgadgets, Austin
mike_elliott
FoxMike + 4
skydvrboy + 2
Lancecasper
N9201A (Larry)
Simon + wife
Seth
Don Kaye + Shirley McLaren
kpaul
Rich & Kim Hill
PeytonM
M20FanJesse + Grandpa
Keith20EH + 2
1967 427 + wife
RocketAviator + Billie + Grandson
ExM20K

Current count: 74 and we are not done. Larry, I think we'll
need a truck to carry all this pizza.

Yves

• Like 1

Hi

I will be at Airventure this year.  I am camping in Camp Scholler with a bunch of my South African friends.  I am keen to attend but also do not want to miss the concert (I missed it the last time I was at Airventure).  So, I will be there, but maybe a bit later, or earlier . . .

I look forward to putting more faces to names and to seeing some familiar faces again (from 2015).

Tony

(Striptease)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RocketAviator said:

Mike to clarify my Mooney Caravan Call Sign is RocketMan, which is why I used AKA.  No offense or confusion intended.

Of course! No offense taken at all, just wanted you to know Dr. Ron Dubin @rocketman will be there Tues evening, but since this is the Caravans' BBQ vs the Mooneyspace gathering, the Caravans pseudonyms trump Mooneyspace pseudonyms :)

Ill call you by your given name if that comes to light :)

7 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

If one knew the difficulty he had in getting that Caravan callsign, one might feel for him too......   maybe....;)

Thanks Ned, my call sign has become even more special to me with the recent loss of my very good friend Richard Bristow aka Yoda, who gave me my call sign and designed the insignia I fly with on my Mooney.  Yoda was very instrumental in the early development of the Mooney Caravan and in my formation flying.  We were scheduled to fly to and back from Oshkosh together this year.  

Edited by RocketAviator
  • Like 4

DEADLINE: In order to have a name tag, the deadline to indicate your attendance is Monday July 16th at 00:00 hrs ZULU.

Any registration after this time will not get the nice (cheap) MS printed nametag.

Yves

2 hours ago, yvesg said:

DEADLINE: In order to have a name tag, the deadline to indicate your attendance is Monday July 16th at 00:00 hrs ZULU.

Any registration after this time will not get the nice (cheap) MS printed nametag.

Yves

Yves, as one of the older (memory challenged) MSers it sure would be nice to include real names as well as MS alias. Our Caravan badges have room for both a name and a "handle".