Tom Sullivan, Cheryle Sullivan, Steve Phillips
Bryan Brannon, Lee Brannon
StevenL757 + 1
Amillet
ElkoRandy20J
DualRatedFlyer + 2
Sabremech

11 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I won’t be attending.  My way of protesting Trump’s trade policy against Canada.  I’ll spend my vacation money at home.

Clarence

Good idea Clarence. In my case I engaged myself in taking care of this event before the policy got applied. I gave my word so will do this to completion.

Yves

7 minutes ago, yvesg said:

Good idea Clarence. In my case I engaged myself in taking care of this event before the policy got applied. I gave my word so will do this to completion.

Yves

Yves,

Not trying to make this political, nor do I have anything against anyone on MS.  It’s just my way of saying it’s no way to treat your neighbour and allies.

Clarence

19 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Yves,

Not trying to make this political, nor do I have anything against anyone on MS.  It’s just my way of saying it’s no way to treat your neighbour and allies.

Clarence

In the spirit of solidarity with our brothers in the great white north, we'll be spending part of our summer holiday in Canada.

The US Canadian border used to be the longest open border on the planet. Shame on us American's for bringing that era to an end.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

In the spirit of solidarity with our brothers in the great white north, we'll be spending part of our summer holiday in Canada.

The US Canadian border used to be the longest open border on the planet. Shame on us American's for bringing that era to an end.

Luckily the boarder is still open to all of us, I don’t fear either country invading the other.

What part of the country will you be visiting?

Clarence 

6 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Luckily the boarder is still open to all of us, I don’t fear either country invading the other.

What part of the country will you be visiting?

Clarence 

Churchill - hope to see some polar bears

1 minute ago, Mike Ropers said:

Quick question - are there any camping spots held in the North 40 for non caravan planes?

You can't hold camping spots.  They park the planes as they arrive.  It is first come first serve and you park by who lands before and after you.  That is the reason for the Caravan, so the group can camp together.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kpaul said:

You can't hold camping spots.  They park the planes as they arrive.  It is first come first serve and you park by who lands before and after you.  That is the reason for the Caravan, so the group can camp together.

Bummer -  I don't quite make the requirements for caravan - I see they have an option for "group camping"  https://www.eaa.org/apps/airventure/north40/north40.aspx

maybe there are other folks here that may want to sign up?

1 minute ago, Mike Ropers said:

Bummer -  I don't quite make the requirements for caravan - I see they have an option for "group camping"  https://www.eaa.org/apps/airventure/north40/north40.aspx

maybe there are other folks here that may want to sign up?

Interesting,  It looks like that started last year.  That location was even further removed than the location the Caravan ended up in last year.  It is nice they are trying to allow small groups camp together.

You could plan on flying in just prior or just after the caravan arrival.  It would probably only put you a row or two away.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:31 AM, M20Doc said:

I won’t be attending.  My way of protesting Trump’s trade policy against Canada.  I’ll spend my vacation money at home.

Clarence

That doesn't make sense to me.  Missing the camaraderie of friends and fun for a political reason? Life is too short for that.  I expect to be there +1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donkaye said:

That doesn't make sense to me.  Missing the camaraderie of friends and fun for a political reason? Life is too short for that.  I expect to be there +1.

You’re welcome to enjoy my share of the beer and pizza.  I don’t want to make this political and have the thread shut down.

Clarence