Hangar Space in/near Spokane WA

So my family and I are moving to Spokane WA this summer and need to find a new home for Sparky, our '86 M20K.  It's pretty hard to find a T-hangar, which is what I'd prefer.  Anyone have a lead on an available individual hangar at any of the airports around there, like:

Spokane (Felts) KSFF

Spokane (Geiger) KGEG

Deer Park KDEW

Coeur d'Alene ID KCOE

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/30/2018 at 8:13 PM, nationwide said:

So my family and I are moving to Spokane WA this summer and need to find a new home for Sparky, our '86 M20K.  It's pretty hard to find a T-hangar, which is what I'd prefer.  Anyone have a lead on an available individual hangar at any of the airports around there, like:

Spokane (Felts) KSFF

Spokane (Geiger) KGEG

Deer Park KDEW

Coeur d'Alene ID KCOE

Well, after finding a nice (but $$$) hangar at Felts and renting there for the past 1.5 years, my landlord is taking his hangar back.  So asking the same question, if anyone has any leads.  I would accept space in a communal hangar.  GEG or SFF preferred.  Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I'm actually moving back to Spokane in the not to distant future and was starting to think about hangar space.

Where did you ultimately end up and can you give me the basic rundown on the costs, is there a lease, electric included, etc., etc., etc.  (Whatever you can think of.)

And was the loss of the original hangar just a fluke?  Or have you heard other stories of people getting kicked out of hangars?

Thx.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:18 AM, PeteMc said:

And was the loss of the original hangar just a fluke?  Or have you heard other stories of people getting kicked out of hangars?

Thx.

The landlord bought a plane and wanted his previously empty hangar back. Not really a fluke I guess.

Hangar space is still very hard to find. It helps to hawk the bulletin board at the Skyway Cafe, keep checking CraigsList, etc.  finding one _IS_ a fluke.

How long is the waiting list?

Back in a day I had to wait almost 3y for Old T-hangar at KPAE. Nowadays, I hear wait is over 3y for new hangars (50% more expensive).

After 15 years of waiting, I still didn't receive a call for a hangar at KRTN! IIRC, I moved only two spots in first 5 years... 

Western aviation at KSFF recently advertised space in a community hangar.  Might be worth calling and asking them.  I lucked into buying my hangar at SFF a few years back when the owner bought a Cirrus but didn’t realize it wouldn’t fit in 38’ doors!  

If I was you I’d definitely check COE and DEW as well.  I like how that airport is surrounded by fields.  SFF is surrounded by zero places to land (maybe not exactly zero, but close enough).  SFF is very convenient though.

Signature at GEG has some hangar space too ($$).