Multi-Training

21 hours ago, N803RM said:

Wouldn’t, a check ride or dual in a 320 hp twin with retractable gear, constant speed prop and flaps qualify for HP. And complex sign off? Why an extra ride in a school,plane? 

Ron

No..Combining HP does not count. That's been a argument with FAA and AOPA for a while. Kind of ridiculous, but so is the fact the Mooney is 200hp and I need 201hp to get HP rating..

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd close this out..Finally got the multi-stamp on my license as of today. Oral was about an hour and half...Pretty much covered what you would expect. Emergency out ops, standard weight balance, take-off and landing calculations, basic airmanship and cockpit management. Covered a few items that were Comanche specific with respect to non-counter rotating props and fuel management.  

Flying was as practiced..Steep turns, short field, engine out landings, stalls in different configurations and VMC demo.

Got the stamp today. Long hot few weeks, but feeling well accomplished. Great training experience.

-Tom

• Like 12