Recommendations for a pre-buy in the Boston area

lienz

I’m looking for recommendations for a pre-buy inspection in the Boston area. I’ve looked through a few old threads on the topic but wanted to gather any recent feedback. I understand KOWD has an MSC. I thought there was one at KASH but don’t see it listed on the Mooney site anymore (https://www.mooney.com/service). 

Also, if anyone in the area might have some spare time to chat or even check out airplanes with me, I’d appreciate it. I’d be a first-time airplane buyer.

This forum has been a tremendous resource. Thanks. 

I would bring it down to Air Mods or Weber.  The OWD outfit is in name only unless things have changed since 2014 (I was previously based there).  It's worth the travel to have someone who knows Mooney take a look at it.  

There was someone on here who had mooney mx done somewhere in Long Island who was happy and could recommend, but my memory is failing me - would require a search. 

I am located in Boston.  You can give me a call at (617) 877-0025.  My e-mail is john.breda@gmail.com

What model are you considering?  I would also suggest Air Mods.  They are the most Mooney experienced MSC to Boston.

John Breda

Bought my 231 in Texas last month.  Had some extra work done at Air Mods.  (Based in NJ).   Very happy with the service.  You want to see a hangar full of Mooneys with whoever looks after your plane.

Note: The Mooney site isn't up to date with MSC listings.  Neither is places like themooneyflyer.com

• Like 1