A Stumper

33 minutes ago, Yetti said:

There are two ways to wire the mic phone jacks.   One is with a PTT one of the phone terminal would go to ground with a PTT in a hand held mic or headset with PTT on the cord.   The other would to be to leave that wire off.  Probably need to know how yours are wired.   A rub or a stray strand of wire would cause the TX to be stuck.   Next is your PTT buttons on the yoke.    They also connect to ground when the PTT button is pushed closed.   Sounds rubbing wire ish.

Also sounds like a bad audio panel ground.

What's the MP circuit consist of?

Thank you for the insight. I have the PTTs on both yokes with tiny buttons. The headsets have the typical aviation plugs off the right knee(copilot), and left knee(pilot side).  I’m not sure where the audio panel is grounded or everything for that matter.  Its a new install with 750/650/900/345/G5HSI and Garmin remote audio. The MP has a new sensor connected to the MP line. I’m not sure if the sensor itself is grounded or not or suppose to be (haven’t looked it all over) I need to find time to dig around and figure out what I’m looking at.  I couldn’t find where the JPI was grounded to the engine but I may be amiss of where exactly to look for that.  I do know that all new coax is installed. The big question I need to discover is where it all is grounded and work back. There are 3 black new wires of small gauge attached to the top aluminum support on the left side about a foot back from the front of the panel that sit directly under the glare shield. I haven’t traced these wires as they go into another large grouping of wires and ran out of time. For now the reinstalling of the headset plugs has seemed to knock out the mic issue but I’m still not fully confident at this point.  I’ve got a short round trip tomorrow so I’ll at least know if the comm issue shows back up. Hopefully I can dig some more in the next couple of days to try and figure out the MP feedback to the JPI. I’ll get some photos too when I get time.

Alright, not happy with the avionics shop that did the install.  Now I’ve got a voltage drop intermittently between 13.7 and 12.5 but mostly hovering in the 12s to low 12s. 

Left her at Cole Aviation to get it all straightened out.