Got to practice my ADM today - rejected takeoff

ShuRugal

Fun day... started my takeoff roll, noticed ASI wasn't moving... continued to rotate speed, wheels off the ground (4,500' of a 5,000' runway in front of me still) the needle jumped a bit and started moving... decided to err on the side of caution, aborted the takeoff and returned to the ramp.  Mechanic put the pitot-static tester on it, and airspeed is all over the place: first test was 100 mph, reading 105, second test for 100, reading 80, test for 80, read 60, test 100 again, read 100....

I'm hoping that these symptoms are indicative of water in the system - had thunderstorms all last week and most of this week, and the thing was fine when I last flew it on the 14th...   The shop is gonna look at it in more detail Tuesday - fingers crossed for a simple problem...

• Like 2

Did you push the drain buttons a few times (one just below the pilot side leading edge of the wing, inner. the other under the battery box)?

-Robert
Mine hasn't got those buttons, unfortunately. 64 model. Lines are gonna have to be opened.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats on the wise decision.  Thanks for posting it.

The static line... you probably have the dead leg, in the back...

Not sure how to drain the Pitot system... without a button.  That is in the front of the pilot side wing, near the fuselage...

Best regards,

-a-

You might have an alt static valve under the panel by your left knee.

If you have the drain by the battery, there is a connector that can be taken off by a qualified person and then block one static port and blow the water out the static port.   So you are blowing to the rear of the planes not to the instruments.   then block the other static port and blow water out the other port.

Since the static system has been touched the qualified person needs to make sure the static system is now quality assured.

You might have an alt static valve under the panel by your left knee.

If you have the drain by the battery, there is a connector that can be taken off by a qualified person and then block one static port and blow the water out the static port.   So you are blowing to the rear of the planes not to the instruments.   then block the other static port and blow water out the other port.

Since the static system has been touched the qualified person needs to make sure the static system is now quality assured.

When you say "by the battery", I assume you mean "by the radio tray in the tail"? Or should there be a tap in front of the firewall?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry my F has the battery in the Radio compartment.  And the drain to the static system in the rear of the plane.  Some planes, My 75 F have a drain to the pitot tube located by the wing root down along the forward edge

There should be a couple of connectors in the static tubing in the radio access area.  Mine is a Y to static ports on either side of the plane.