Garmin 750 interferes with spot

after going through a bit of an avionic upgrade in my M20K I realised that my Garmin 750 and 650 interferes with my Spot3 (www.findmespot.com)1703701183_55737875-0907-4dfa-a822-621ba1b9e726(1).jpeg.294ac694983440a400fd57c17a944237.jpeg.

Both GPS loosing there connection/ position frequently (I asume in the transmission mode of the the spot). The Spot was placed on the glare shield and the antennas are mounted as first on top of the plane behind the wind screen. The spot is using the Globalstar satellite network so far as I remember.

I was using the spot for quite some years and I especially liked the tracking, and alert option over some longer flights over the North Atlantic. 

Does anyone have similar experience? any solutions? does the new SpotX has the same issue? 

Thanks Hendrik

IMG_M20K.jpg

I had the same issue during my checkout. My instructor had his spot on the back seat and it caused a LOI on my 750.  I also think it was during the transmit cycle.

Good instructor, bad spot.  No known fix from me other than to ditch the spot. 

Thanks for the feedback.

I spoke to spot. It seems they are aware of the issue and the only recommendation that I got was to increase the distance between GPS antennas, GPS device and the Spot. Not really a reliable option for me and a spot in the baggage compartment is not very use-full. So the only option to me is selling the spot and cancel the subscription.

does anybody has experience with the Garmin inReach? Its a satellite messenger as well but is using Iridium instead of Globalstar. If Oscar had an issue with the GDL51 it seems similar with Iridium. 

Thanks Hendrik

• 11 months later...