Gear limit switch locations

http://www.flamecorp.com/Safran-Electrical-Power.php
This distributer carries the contactors.

I looked through the list and could find a double pole single through 50 amp 12volt coil, or am I missing it. I thought the closest was the 6041h53...but it’s a single pole double through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Clparker23 said:

I looked through the list and could find a double pole single through 50 amp 12volt coil, or am I missing it. I thought the closest was the 6041h53...but it’s a single pole double through.

That should be the right one. Those contactors have a disk inside. When they are off a spring holds the disk on two of the contacts and when it is energized it connects the other two together. So there are 4 connections but it functions as a SPDT relay.

With them both off, the two wires going to the motor are both connected to ground. Let's assume that + on the red wire puts the gear down. When the gear down relay is energized, it disconnects the red wire from ground and connects it to +12V. When the gear up relay is energized it disconnects the black wire from ground and connects it to +12V. You can see that this requires two SPDT relays.

• 4 years later...
On 5/26/2018 at 8:41 AM, Clparker23 said:

I’ve reviewed the schematic last night quite a bit, I’m down to up limit, I’m going to check the continuity of “common” and “Nc” coming from the pressure switch, it’s a newer switch that’s been replaced I can tell. The down limit is an original.

As far as the relays, if I were to send a pic of what I was staring at, would you be able to guide me to what to check. I’ve seen some relays in pics on here and these look a little different.

The motor/actuater looks newer as well, previous owner said it was rebuilt in CA not long ago.

I’m going to redo my pressure switch, I was by myself the speed was actually around 150, I’m going to try and get it to that 80/90 mark and see if it’s working there.

Can you share the wiring manual?  I'm about to get into a 75 F model that has been parked for 5 years.  Anticipate the same issues.