IO360A1A intake Bellows

43 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

I have seen that happen on a Beech Musketeer but the hose was not replaced after a water landing.  This did cause another off airport emergency landing due to a collapsed hose.   Also the length of unsupported Scat hose would be minimal in the E and F models only about 2" just enough to allow for vibrations between the cowling and the engine.

The original bellows is made by Aeroduct.  I though there was talk of Gee Bee making something like this?

Clarence

2 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

If you don't drop the cowl at annual they last forever. But dropping the cowl beats the crap out of them.

-Robert

More than hundreds of hours of vibration and shaking, and oil dripping on them? 

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

• 4 weeks later...

If you have to drop the lower cowl, take the time to release one end of the boot before even starting with the lowering operation.  It is tight but can be done.  I went through several boots before realizing this wisdom.  It is tempting to just swing the cowl down a bit.  Bite your lip and do not do that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve65E-NC said:

If you have to drop the lower cowl, take the time to release one end of the boot before even starting with the lowering operation.  It is tight but can be done.  I went through several boots before realizing this wisdom.  It is tempting to just swing the cowl down a bit.  Bite your lip and do not do that. 

Your method is the normal method for removing the lower cowl. I didn’t realize that some people are dropping the cowl with the duct still connected.  I don’t know what could be accomplished with it still bolted in place.

Clarence

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

2019?

From their website

200HP INTAKE DUCT M20E & F - 600115-005

M20E & F

Notes: ON BACK ORDER UNTIL LATE FEBRUARY 2018

But yes. It seems by this thread maybe 2019 is the real date. Looks like I'll have to repair it to get through this annual. Mechanic had to drop the lower cowl to replace the starter, and I knew he would be calling me to tell me I needed another intake boot.

• 7 months later...