Wire Source Needed

Yea... so I may not be deep enough into the documentation yet - I just have the position lights on the wingtips - looking at doing the Orion's (LED) from what I saw on Aircraft spruce it calls for 18awg - I'm guessing shielded.......

Look up the mil spec. Some of the wire manufacturers have it posted. Find the mil spec number of the wire you are looking for and search on that. You can find just about everything. The hard part is finding someone who will sell you less than 1000 ft.

• Like 1

Is this it?

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/whelencablekits.php?gclid=CjwKCAjwopTYBRAzEiwAnU4kbxk_66sWx6j4hf85cXqgQIX_gkd4DJcEKvetMWxu8FmbKb74Fp0nzhoCta8QAvD_BwE

It is a Whelen supplied part, thru AS...

If it is... the idea came to mind while reading through this thread. By the time I finished reading, the idea was floating nearly completed... the power of MS at work...

If it isn’t... the power of MS isn’t finished yet... stand by...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

How many feet are required for this project? Panel to each wing tip and tail?

Best regards,

-a-

Yes -

My AP and I haven't looked at the current routing or potential junction points - I'd rather run the new wire than run additional wires - alternatively I may run two new doubles - thinking it's going to be easier to source.   That's my idea and will have to bounce it against the AP

• Like 1

Shielded might be a nice touch but unless it is called out in the docs I don't think it would be necessary.  You don't have the high voltage pulse on the LEDs lights  like you do with traditional strobes.

JMHO and a silly electrical engineer that deals with real voltage and power.:D

19 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

Shielded might be a nice touch but unless it is called out in the docs I don't think it would be necessary.  You don't have the high voltage pulse on the LEDs lights  like you do with traditional strobes.

JMHO and a silly electrical engineer that deals with real voltage and power.:D

Good point - looks like I overkilled it - shhhh don't tell my wife.