Coming soon...1976 F equipped to your specs

Oldguy

I will try to make a long story short, but bear with me.

In the early 80’s, a friend of mine had a 1976 Mooney F model – N7010V – which was the first Mooney I ever took the controls of. Years later, I found out it had been sold to someone in Atlanta, and I reached out to him to share memories and pictures of it. Now, he has donated it (with a runout engine and no avionics, with the exception of an autopilot) to Compass Aviation Ministries in Shelby, NC (KEHO) so they can bring it back to life and sell it to raise money for their ministry. I spoke with John Watt, who heads up Compass, about the plane. He said they will have the engine rebuilt at an engine shop, hang it back on the plane with all of the appropriate work done to hoses and accessories, and put the 3-blade prop back on it. If you go to their web site, www.compassaviationministry.org, you will see they train pilots and mechanics in support of other missionary groups, so the majority of the work on the plane is done in their shop.

This will be a great plane once again when it is done. John was unsure, but he thought the autopilot is the STEC 60-2. Since the bulk of the avionics have been removed, they will have options for the buyer rather than just put in replacement steam gauges. The plane will need transponder, NAV/COM equipment (GPS/Radios), audio panel and the like. He is willing to work with the buyer to outfit the plane however they want it.

While it is not yet ready for sale, interested parties can contact John on his cell phone at 704.692.5529 to discuss their interest in the plane.

Pictures below are from the early 1980’s and 2015. Bit of a difference.

N7010V.jpg

N7010V-now.jpg

• Like 1

Their web site is somewhat convoluted.  How much would it cost to for a 100%, full install, including autopilot?
I'm not sure that data is out there specifically, but their full system is ~$16k + $2k STC fee for basically everything except a GPS/COM box and maybe audio panel. I've seen an estimate for $8k installation cost somewhere, which seems reasonable to me, especially if the previous stuff is already removed.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk