I found my first airplane

Don't know what compelled me to look up my first airplane ,N735C,a 1948 108-3 Stinson Station Wagon and Im kinda of sorry I did considering pictures I found.I bought this from my flight instructor in the fall of 1981 I think for 3500 cash.Of course ,it's engine was in pieces on a mechanics bench but I was able to find parts and overhaul for another 3/4 k I think.Flew me safely Calif,NeV Baja ...

IMG_4622.PNG

• Like 1

My first airplane crashed killing the student pilot onboard.  Looked it up a few years after we sold it.  I was pretty bummed that it had crashed, but was even more sad that a young student pilot lost her life in it - very tragic.  She hit the top of a truck while landing at an unfamiliar airport.  The highway passed pretty close to the end of the runway and she mis-judged her landing angle.  

My first plane sold to a school and eventually suffered a severe hard landing that totaled it.  No one hurt thank goodness.  But it was parted out.  A 2003 da40.  N805er.

https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief.aspx?ev_id=20150128X02253&key=1&queryId=2f4e9926-bbf6-47c1-8492-c82c06e8188d&pgno=11&pgsize=50

1 hour ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

Here is my first.  15 years ago, just a few months after I sold her, her pilot ran her out of fuel.  The good news is that no one was hurt and she has since been repaired and as recently as a few months ago was still flying.

Jim

4348B26E-ED3C-4BF8-AF00-1F2205A6F951.jpeg

A901409F-C733-444E-828E-8B826CBAA1D5.jpeg

Boy, i haven't seen a Skipper in a long time. Took my first few lessons in one in 1992, until my CFI went to Lear school to fly for a carpet company without even canceling my Saturday lesson. Then I bought my first house and had no flying money . . . .

Our 150 has been sold a couple times since we parted with it. It has had many owners all over the country. This shot was as it departed with its new owner who purchased it from us. At the time I was a two airplane owner the 150 and our Mooney.

image.jpeg

If you look not at first plane but first few aircraft flown in your logbook, those that were trainers, it’s amazing to see how many don’t exist anymore or the crash report on them.

Its sad to an extent to realize tbe percentage of aircraft you have flown that no longer fly.

-Seth

23 minutes ago, Seth said:

If you look not at first plane but first few aircraft flown in your logbook, those that were trainers, it’s amazing to see how many don’t exist anymore or the crash report on them.

Its sad to an extent to realize tbe percentage of aircraft you have flown that no longer fly.

-Seth

I've seen photos of the plane I got my license in, nose down in the woods. I looked at the plane closely in the hangar while it was being taken apart as salvage, and watched the rest go down tbe road on a trailer. Newly licensed pilot got carb ice, tuened around and dove for the field, too fast to land and not enough power for a go around--tried the impossible turn. He and his wife survived and were walking out of the woods when people got there, call it 100 yards past the departure end of the runway.