I've started a Business! Its called WingSwap

2 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Careful, you could hear "Do you just love me for my plane?"

haha luckily I don't like her for her things. Its just an awesome coincidence 

OKAY enough personal life. Back to business. Barnstormers ain't gonna kill itself! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, Jesse, just saw this thread. I actually follow you already on Instagram even though I just saw this. The thread is a little long and I don't want to read the whole thing. lol. 

So a question that might be answered in the thread: How do you monetize the website or the business? Are you charging for listings? Through advertising on your site? Just curious. 

• Like 1

It all started with some really cool T-shirts...

We knew Jesse since he was a young buck with a few good ideas...  :)

All it takes is some hard, well thought out work, and a lot of hours... and a fistful of dough... and a whole bunch of other things... like MS...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrianNC said:

Hey, Jesse, just saw this thread. I actually follow you already on Instagram even though I just saw this. The thread is a little long and I don't want to read the whole thing. lol. 

So a question that might be answered in the thread: How do you monetize the website or the business? Are you charging for listings? Through advertising on your site? Just curious. 

Very cool! Yeah my presence on instagram is probably the most prominent for the site.

There are tiers of payment options for the type of listing you choose (Free, Premium, and Featured) For the first two months I gave away most options for free to drive traffic initially, and recently started charging for Premium and Featured listings (still less expensive than any other site). You can see each option on our new pricing page here (added yesterday):
https://www.wingswap.com/page/pricing

Eventually I will run ads on the site as well, but for now I will hold off

Partnership talks are also happening, but I've yet to make a decision on if I want to go that route yet. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update to the website so you guys know! I added a new feature! So far the sites been focused on airplane sales, but many have been asking for an easier way to post other things like parts, avionics, hangar houses, even Ferry Pilot services. So after much frustration, I finally figured out how to do that without ruining the simple layout of the home page! I added a "more" button, when clicked, with show more categories! This will also make it more intuitive to make listings for parts, engines, avionics, services, etc. So please, if you have a headset, avionics equipment, service, airpark lot, flight school service, spare wing, or engine, feel free to list it on the site!! One free picture is included :)  Or just go check it out for yourself! Works great on mobile too. If you catch any errors or problems, please let me know haha 

www.wingswap.com

If anyone is coming to the Camarillo Airshow tomorrow, I'll be walking around, if you see me say hi!! 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mccdeuce said:

Feature that would be cool to add to the search - distance from my house - cost of transporting a plane from east to west coast for example should be factored into buying an airplane.

Very good point. I'll have my developer add that soon

Okay guys I'm too excited not to share this! Trent Palmer if you don't follow him is a soon to be famous you tube pilot, and I am in the works with sponsoring his videos. Yesterday he released his recent video and it gave my site a nearly inconceivable 1000% increase in traffic! And my traffic was a pretty good to begin with!! 

Here's the videos!

Capture.PNG

• Like 3

Saw that endorsement at the end of his vid the other day.    Glad to see the growth for you!   I'm sure it's not lost on you that you're the only site like that that's getting out there in the social media like this, so that's an advantage.

Some of the other popular bloggers mention stuff once in a while, too.   Matt Guthmiller does that a fair amount.   I've no idea what sort of deals could be made, but looking forward to seeing your continued growth.

I do wear your shirts a fair amount, so doing what I can.  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Saw that endorsement at the end of his vid the other day.    Glad to see the growth for you!   I'm sure it's not lost on you that you're the only site like that that's getting out there in the social media like this, so that's an advantage.

Some of the other popular bloggers mention stuff once in a while, too.   Matt Guthmiller does that a fair amount.   I've no idea what sort of deals could be made, but looking forward to seeing your continued growth.

I do wear your shirts a fair amount, so doing what I can.  ;)

Thank you! Yes I kind of realize that now, I'm trying to capitalize on it! I tried to reach out to Matt several times but he is unresponsive. Would love to sponsor his videos as well, but youtube shout outs are pretty pricey! And thank you for wearing the shirt! haha I'm glad you like it 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:

Sorry I've been inactive on here the last few months! I still do check up every now and then to read through the latest posts but WingSwap has been keeping me very busy! Managing the social media accounts (main traffic funnel), getting new users, working with the developer, talking with advertisers, etc... Last I update you guys we had about 90k pageviews a month, and now we are up to 250k pageviews a month! 

It has been hard getting people to list their planes with the Premium and Featured listings, even though they were just $10 and $20 respectively. SO what I've done is changed things up a bit. Going forward, listing will be free, with 10 pictures and 1000 characters allotted, and your listing will be live for 60 days. B)

I've found higher traffic and advertising revenue is far more worthwhile than $10 dollars here and there, and most people being frustrated when listers just had one picture up in their free listings. So I'm giving the people what they want. All the pictures and information you could want, for free. You can still purchase a featured spot on the website or our instagram (over 12k pilot followers now btw) but now going forward both listers, and browsers should be totally happy. :) 

And btw a sweet mooney M20E with 201 speed mods and a crazy Garmin panel and recently overhauled engine was listed an hour ago I thought you all might like. $77k asking. (seller approved me sharing here)

So yeah thats where things are currently with WingSwap! The busy-ness just doesn't end! But thats good right? Must mean I'm doing something right!

I've heard some great stories from owners who found their plane on wingswap which really makes me feel good when they send pictures of them and their new plane!

Jesse

IMG_1531-large.jpg

Edited by M20FanJesse
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, M20FanJesse said:

I've found higher traffic and advertising revenue is far more worthwhile than $10 dollars here and there...

Somebody's been watching Shark Tank. Looks like the business is booming, congrats.

• Like 1