I've started a Business! Its called WingSwap

I was hoping to find a Lanceair listed like Tom the Yooperman has...

I was pleasantly surprised to find this instead...

https://www.wingswap.com/search?category=3&manufacturer=124

Its a Lancair and it’s turbine powered...

And its only about 1kAMUs...

Now, Where is the button to automatically reduce the sales price?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

I was hoping to find a Lanceair listed like Tom the Yooperman has...

I was pleasantly surprised to find this instead...

https://www.wingswap.com/search?category=3&manufacturer=124

Its a Lancair and it’s turbine powered...

And its only about 1kAMUs...

Now, Where is the button to automatically reduce the sales price?

Best regards,

-a-

:D That button is for Ultra Premium Platinum Plus members, and best friends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good news! I'll be joining my boss in his travelair on a trip to Oshkosh, so this will be the first time I fly into Airventure! I had plan on handing out a lot of high quality WingSwap t shirts with an airplane on it to people. However to keep costs down, I could only go with one design, and after a social media survey, the design that won out was of a supercub, and not a mooney as I had hoped haha! 

I thought some might be offended by this:lol:, so I uploaded some mooney ones to Amazon you can buy at cost, so its only like $12 shipped for a Mooney one. I'll still be handing out free super cub wingswap shirts at oshkosh, but wanted to give you guys some options. :) Can't wait to meet everyone! 

Round Window Mooney Oshkosh T-Shirt

Square Window Mooney Oshkosh T-Shirt

A1ntnF3PJOL._CLa_2140,2000_710wGdgc1wL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, M20FanJesse said:

Good news! I'll be joining my boss in his travelair on a trip to Oshkosh, so this will be the first time I fly into Airventure! I had plan on handing out a lot of high quality WingSwap t shirts with an airplane on it to people. However to keep costs down, I could only go with one design, and after a social media survey, the design that won out was of a supercub, and not a mooney as I had hoped haha! 

I thought some might be offended by this:lol:, so I uploaded some mooney ones to Amazon you can buy at cost, so its only like $12 shipped for a Mooney one. I'll still be handing out free super cub wingswap shirts at oshkosh, but wanted to give you guys some options. :) Can't wait to meet everyone! 

Round Window Mooney Oshkosh T-Shirt

Square Window Mooney Oshkosh T-Shirt

A1ntnF3PJOL._CLa_2140,2000_710wGdgc1wL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0.png

Just ordered one!

• Like 1

I haven't read the whole thread, but I did buy one of your shirts a while back. One thing I would highly, highly recommend is if you're going to use auto-incrementing ID numbers, parse them out of your URL and include descriptive information in the address as well (note how common it is for MooneySpace to be at the top of search results when looking for GA related discussion without specifying Mooney). 

Example: Instead of https://www.wingswap.com/listing/10098 you could probably use the URL https://www.wingswap.com/listing/10098?Cessna_170B_For_Sale and not have to do *any* backend code changes as your controller or URL parser will ignore the querystring after the question mark. 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:46 AM, Antares said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I did buy one of your shirts a while back. One thing I would highly, highly recommend is if you're going to use auto-incrementing ID numbers, parse them out of your URL and include descriptive information in the address as well (note how common it is for MooneySpace to be at the top of search results when looking for GA related discussion without specifying Mooney). 

Example: Instead of https://www.wingswap.com/listing/10098 you could probably use the URL https://www.wingswap.com/listing/10098?Cessna_170B_For_Sale and not have to do *any* backend code changes as your controller or URL parser will ignore the querystring after the question mark. 

Sorry, just now seeing this!

The problem with including a slug after the query string, is that I can link to wingswap.com/listing/10098?find-sex-at-sexsite.com and it's going to be treated as a valid URL. Furthermore, google will see this link as duplicate content and actually penalize WingSwap for it.

Slugs in the URL are fine and even recommended for content-awareness purposes, but implementing it this way is the wrong way to do it. To implement slugs to the listing details pages would require changes to the backend code in order to ensure that only valid slugs are used, thereby preventing the issues i mentioned earlier, so it's going to cost some money for my devs to implement. I'll get to it, but in time. Thanks for the suggestion though! You're right

Holy cow... :)

The meaning of round windows has changed....

New LBs have a version of the old rounded windows...

The round corners are popular with the 90s crowd...

I like this version better....

The smile.amazon version... support a downed Mooney pilot...

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FGLMHTV/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_1405964225?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&qid=1529550673&s=apparel&sr=1-4

Best regards,

-a-

3 hours ago, HRM said:

Just browsed your site Jesse, looking good!

Thank you very much!! Check back often! New and interesting planes going up every day! Especially recently. Just an hour ago someone put up the most unique Cessna 195 I've ever seen! 

15 hours ago, M20FanJesse said:

Sorry, just now seeing this!

The problem with including a slug after the query string, is that I can link to wingswap.com/listing/10098?find-sex-at-sexsite.com and it's going to be treated as a valid URL. Furthermore, google will see this link as duplicate content and actually penalize WingSwap for it.

Slugs in the URL are fine and even recommended for content-awareness purposes, but implementing it this way is the wrong way to do it. To implement slugs to the listing details pages would require changes to the backend code in order to ensure that only valid slugs are used, thereby preventing the issues i mentioned earlier, so it's going to cost some money for my devs to implement. I'll get to it, but in time. Thanks for the suggestion though! You're right

I've never messed with search engine optimization, but I can relate to the penalties. I built a couple social sites for college kids before MySpace or Facebook that were getting 60M+ hits/mo. When MySpace sold for 580M, I rebuilt the platform for scalability as I had two universities on it and had over half the student bodies of each as members and felt there could be money in it. I opted to rewrite the product and then promote at other universities, which was clearly a mistake in hindsight. At that time (2004/2005), Facebook struck me as one of the many mediocre copycat sites that I thought would go away like all the others (Moskovitz was from an hour north of here).

Long story short, one of the many mistakes that I made was that I neglected to configure the SPF DNS record. I built a brand, put a ton of work developing marketing materials (I wrote the software and our promotions were solid grassroots) and some asshole goes in and scrapes all my usernames and starts spamming with senders as username@mydomain.com, and becomes a real pain in that all of the legitimate emails, such as user registration and notifications, get shipped off to peoples spam folders. 

• Like 1

Starting to sell planes! Now that website traffic is slowly picking up, more and more pilots are checking it out! How exciting. Just helped this guy sell his Bonanza, thanks to WingSwaps instagram! I'll be making the rounds at Oshkosh all week as well so hope to see you guys there!!
unnamed.thumb.png.c7bca378e8742e271ad5e7b68b1ae342.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@M20FanJesse I was watching Trent Palmer’s newest YouTube video.  He had a plug for WingSwap at the end of his video. He said your a friend of his?  I’m a fan of his channel.  Since he’s a professional drone pilot/cinematographer I really dig his pilot video content style. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 13scrappy said:

Well done.  You take the nit picking well too, which is very important for continued success.  I will likely be listing my Rocket on your site when the annual is finished.

Thank you! That would be awesome. I'd definitely promote a Rocket on the wingswap social media channels!  

8 minutes ago, Rmag said:

@M20FanJesse I was watching Trent Palmer’s newest YouTube video.  He had a plug his plug for WingSwap at the end of his video. He said your a friend of his?  I’m a fan of his channel.  Since he’s a professional drone pilot/cinematographer I really dig his pilot video content style. 

Yes! Trent is a fantastic guy. We've been friends online for a long while. I've been watching his videos forever and when I started this I knew I wanted to sponsor his videos because you are right, they are seriously amazing, and right in line with my target audience. I was beyond pleased with how good that shout out was,  and it seems to be the best way to get traffic to the site so far, so I think we'll be collaborating more in the future! :)

21 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I think I've got enough of your shirts with my 252 on them to wear one every day at Oshkosh... or at least that's the plan.

Love them... keep it up.

Haha! Thats fantastic I'm glad to hear it! You can have future one's at cost, just message me! Thanks for the support!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say it was awesome meeting everyone at Oshkosh, and if I was unable to meet you, hopefully I can at the next mooney meet up if its anywhere along the western US! 

Oshkosh proved to be very fruitful, and I'm happy WingSwap was able to make it. A little bit of info about the company I'm happy to report, only been open three months but every month I've doubled in traffic! Wanted to thank you all for the support! 

Jesse

Capture.PNG

• Like 4