I've started a Business! Its called WingSwap

I really applaud you focus and determination wish I had that when I was your age. As a point of constructive criticism I really don't see the need for a most popular category IMHO I think most folks looking to purchase an airplane aren't really thinking about popularity and are going to be pretty focused on what they are looking for. You might create performance or mission categories. Best of luck to you young man.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bonal said:

I really applaud you focus and determination wish I had that when I was your age. As a point of constructive criticism I really don't see the need for a most popular category IMHO I think most folks looking to purchase an airplane aren't really thinking about popularity and are going to be pretty focused on what they are looking for. You might create performance or mission categories. Best of luck to you young man.

Thanks for the feedback! The "most popular" section is actually an aid to those looking for a specific aircraft. Because the majority of people will be looking for a Cessna or Piper, or Mooney Or Beechcraft, it makes sense to have those near the top, so instead of having to scroll through hundreds of brands to find "Mooney", placing it at the top in "most popular saves you time and helps you get to what you're looking for even faster. (once the site fills up and the algorithm can work)

1 hour ago, acpartswhse said:

not in spam either.  sorry

I manually verified both of you guys, and I'll manually verify all accounts as I get them until I figure out why some of the verification emails aren't sending. I just tested it with a new email and it worked for me. 

As an application developer, my profession, we get a lot of feedback from users that click on a "tile" within the app.  Like your categories, on "why will it not click when i press on it."  Well, in your case, you have the anchor tags on the text itself but the visual indication you can click the entire tile.  Unless you do only text links, like Controller, I would suggest you make the entire "tile" clickable.

Nice clean, response design - Bootstrap or derivative?

Great job!

• Like 2

I suppose we all have preferences on how a site functions but personally I don't think I would want to start out with a general type of search but rather have my options right in the home page and go straight to what I'm searching for.  Another thought is about the name of the business is the intention to get people trading planes something I have always wondered about Trade a Plane, Swapping to me sounds more like you are wanting folks looking to "swap" their plane for another and perhaps that is your intention. If not perhaps a better name might be Planeshop. Again just trying to be helpful and I wish you the best of results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

As an application developer, my profession, we get a lot of feedback from users that click on a "tile" within the app.  Like your categories, on "why will it not click when i press on it."  Well, in your case, you have the anchor tags on the text itself but the visual indication you can click the entire tile.  Unless you do only text links, like Controller, I would suggest you make the entire "tile" clickable.

Nice clean, response design - Bootstrap or derivative?

Great job!

The CSS framework is bootstrap yes! I'll have the entire tile be changed to be clickable, thanks for the feedback, I agree!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

They all are always for sale, Clarence. Comanche drivers just cant get the loans needed based on their current fuel burn obligations from lending institutions :)

Mike,

No Comanche drivers, that’s reserved for cars, trucks, buses and a few confused Mooney “pilots”  With so many Comanches being priced lower than and cheaper to maintain than many Mooney’s, a loan shouldn’t be a big deal.

Clarence

I'm excited to say the first mooney has been listed! Whoo!!! A day that will go down in history. 1975 M20E! Now it'll be in the "popular" brands! haha If you are on here, feel free to upgrade to premium listing and add pictures! 

• Like 1

Jesse,

You have a few very strong skills...

you handle detail very well.

You handle feedback incredibly well also!

Your follow-up is great!

Keep up the good work...

The one issue I saw while visiting the site...

I went to see Mooneys... then spent way too much time looking at twins...

What do I need with nine seats and 2k#s of UL? :)

i need to be notified when a Turbine Mooney shows up for sale... that would be cool!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

i need to be notified when a Turbine Mooney shows up for sale... that would be cool!

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you very much! I appreciate that! I'm working on getting more Mooney's up! Up to 2 as of now! And to ease everyones concerns, since there are two mooneys, that means "Mooney" is the number one most popular aircraft brand on the website!

As far as Turbine Mooneys...I'll see if I can get a Socota TBM up, thats the best I can do on short notice. (Tarbes Mooney):D

• Like 2

Okay guys so far I've gotten quite a few awesome planes up and TWO Mooneys!! I'll up the ante for those who have considered posting, but haven't yet. I have about 35 Cessna 172 shirts and Super Cub shirts in Navy that I never sold at a recent airshow (sorry now Mooney shirts in this bunch, they all sold!). I'll give them away to people who post a plane for sale or get someone to post a plane up on the website :) I'll pay shipping! (sizes limited S-XL) 

Thanks you guys. The support means so much! 

shirts.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys I need your opinion. How badly do you think I need to add a "Parts" category and "Avionics" category? I want to add these, but for some reason, my dev is charging me a seriously large amount of cash to make these changes because of difficult back end programming reasons. Or should I spend that money on Marketing?   

Would my site be much more appealing if it had these extra two categories?

4 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

Hey guys I need your opinion. How badly do you think I need to add a "Parts" category and "Avionics" category? I want to add these, but for some reason, my dev is charging me a seriously large amount of cash to make these changes because of difficult back end programming reasons. Or should I spend that money on Marketing?   

Walk before you run.    Get the core business going so that you know what it needs and what it's sensitivities are before you start making changes that could be done later.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

What is the problem you're trying to solve?  Amazon didn't start as the online marketplace for everything, they started as the best place to buy books.  It grew to the behemoth that it is today.  Your goal isn't to be in a competitive business- you want to create a monopoly.  Define your business, and more importantly define your customer, then let that guide your development plan.

If your customer is individual aircraft owners- okay.  If your customer is brokers- that's a different game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

My opinion: To start I would rename "engine" to "Aviation - Other" or something like that. I would put a button in there for Engines, one for Avionics and one for Parts. People buy parts and avionics more often than they replace an engine. You don't need all of the manufacturers names for engines yet and for now don't drill down too deep on parts and avionics, let people browse and search.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

My opinion: To start I would rename "engine" to "Aviation - Other" or something like that. I would put a button in there for Engines, one for Avionics and one for Parts. People buy parts and avionics more often than they replace an engine. You don't need all of the manufacturers names for engines yet and for now don't drill down too deep on parts and avionics, let people browse and search.

I like this idea! How does "Other/Parts" sound? I only have so much space to put text in the category tile.

• Like 1

UPDATE: I set up a test post in Controller and emailed myself the pitch email for my website idea. I soon got a call from Controller saying they are taking down my ad because its a competing website and they want to talk to me. :scratch: 

So yeah no wonder I have sent out like 200 tailored emails to for sale ad listers politely letting them know who I am and what I offer, and I've gotten basically no replies....
I have a sneaking supposition the other sites are doing the same. This is going to be harder than I though.

I might have to...*gulp* cold call them instead of emailing. :ohno:

call all american and delta as well as some of the brand b and c respected brokers and offer them free listings for a few months and offer to enter the listings for them.

All about content baby - just give it away for a while.  once you get a few hundred listings up there is should start to get interesting.

Good luck 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rpcc said:

call all american and delta as well as some of the brand b and c respected brokers and offer them free listings for a few months and offer to enter the listings for them.

All about content baby - just give it away for a while.  once you get a few hundred listings up there is should start to get interesting.

Good luck 

Good idea. I am giving it away actually! I'd rather not cold call people, but I'll talk to a few brokers about putting planes up. Thanks!