I've started a Business! Its called WingSwap

Hi guys! I wanted to thank you all for supporting me with making my t-shirts this last year. It is so much fun, and I love the community here that encouraged me. I have gotten literally hundreds of requests from all social media for custom t-shirts since I began and I wish I could get to them all! :bow: 

That being said, with the goal of owning my own airplane and being a true entrepreneur and supporting myself instead of working for others, I decided to re-invest in myself to get me closer to my goals. And thats what I've done! Over the last month I've been working on creating a simple and easy to use online marketplace to post classified listings and wanted ads for aircraft! The site is called WingSwap.com, and it went live about an hour ago! As for the goal of my new business, Think of it like a replacement for the old and outdated barnstormers. Barnstormers is the most widely used marketplace for GA aircraft, and it is stuck in 1999. It has a lot of problems on many browsers and I think you'll agree is clumsy and hard to navigate. Controller is aimed at a more executive level of aircraft, so I think there's a great opportunity in this GA niche for me to come in with something modern and simple to use It's free, easy to use, mobile friendly, and built to make listings aircraft for sale simple and easy. I am aiming to become the one stop venue everyone goes to for aircraft sales! :woot: 

http://www.wingswap.com

I'm also happy to be able to support the forum here by becoming an official sponsor!
So if you, or anyone you know, is selling an airplane, it would mean a lot if you could make a listing on my new website! Its totally free, and I think you guys will like it! I hope you do! 

*edit: I will manually verify all accounts for the time being if you do not  get a verification email either in your inbox or spam folder. Thank you!

*edit: FYI "popular brands" works by counting the top number of Brands posted on the site. Once Mooney's get posted, it will appear in the "most popular" section :)

If this is in the wrong area, admins, please move it to a more appropriate area! Also I understand I'm a vendor for the website, but if that doesn't cover posts like these, I'd like to upgrade to the necessary status. Thanks guys!!

Promo Picture Mooney.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

1 demerit for not listing Mooney as a "popular" brand, but in the Other brand classification.

There are only two planes listed on the website right now. The "most popular" section is determined by the amount of the listings on the website under that brand! So if someone posts a mooney for sale *hint hint* it will be like #1 right away! haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

heck you only have 2 listed! no Boeing Singles, but they made the most popular. Something is really jacked with your algorythm!

Haha! Like you said, there's only 2 planes listed, and if you notice, those are the first two brands listed under "most popular". The rest will be random brands until the website fills up! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kmyfm20s said:

Overall looks good! I would replace “most popular” with “most searched” and “other brands” with “all brands”. 

Done! Great thinking. Three planes uploaded already! Would love to get a Mooney up there! First one gets a free bump to featured listing :)

• Like 1

itll take a while but i have no doubt this will grow. Barnstormers is great for find cubs and all but its such a pain in the ass to navigate through the site. Can't wait to see this site blow up.

Edited by Niko182
  • Like 1

Good luck!

How about a location filter, say a defined radius from an airport or city/town? Someone looking to buy prefer to look for, or at least give priority to, more local listings where viewing and PBIs are more convenient, and even (heresy!) have broader make/model preferences.

This looks great, Jesse.

Personal preference,  I do like a more space-concise listing of aircraft makes like controller has...easier than scanning eyes up and down the page.

Also, alphabetical order vertically is easier (for me) than horizontally.

But overall this is a great layout and I am glad to see some more competition for sites like this.

Great work!

controller1.jpg

WS1.jpg

Edited by Parker_Woodruff
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ah-1 Cobra Pilot said:

Would Ferrari or Porsche be a 'popular' brand, or would Ford and Chevy?

I doubt a Callair is more popular than a Mooney, either as popular by desire or popular by numbers out there as in your example, yet it is listed as popular and non are for sale there.

busted algorithm, Jessie :), but great job!

3 hours ago, M20Doc said:

You guys could all list your Mooney’s for sale to up the numbers.

Clarence

They all are always for sale, Clarence. Comanche drivers just cant get the loans needed based on their current fuel burn obligations from lending institutions :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

They all are always for sale, Clarence. Comanche drivers just cant get the loans needed based on their current fuel burn obligations from lending institutions :)

I have an office I fly to weekly that is in an farming community. A couple crop dusting companies based there still have piston planes in their fleet with the 720 in them. They recently had to replace a crank in one of them and the part cost $27,000 used since they don't make them anymore. Add to that the airport is 50' below sea level so they run full rich all day long, yikes!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, acpartswhse said:

Sorry Jessie, I tried to list a Mooney but could not until i received a note to my email.  waited an hour and no email so couild not list.  Need change to site????

Its most definitely in your spam section of your email! Sometimes it doesn't go to your inbox. Working of fixing that. 

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

I doubt a Callair is more popular than a Mooney, either as popular by desire or popular by numbers out there as in your example, yet it is listed as popular and non are for sale there.

busted algorithm, Jessie :), but great job!

As previously mentioned, the "most popular" is determined by the number of listings on the site by the manufacturer. Since there's only a handful of aircrtaft at the moment on the website, most of the "most popular" section is just random brands. Once the site fills up, the algorithm has something to work with. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

This looks great, Jesse.

Personal preference,  I do like a more space-concise listing of aircraft makes like controller has...easier than scanning eyes up and down the page.

Also, alphabetical order vertically is easier (for me) than horizontally.

But overall this is a great layout and I am glad to see some more competition for sites like this.

Great work!

Thank you for the feedback! I'll see if I can make those changes!