Tucson

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, nels said:

Big improvement. I guess you could say you toned it down a LOT! .....I like it!  Were you happy with the contractor?

Overall, no I wouldn’t use this contractor again. But realistically I’m not sure there is a contractor out there that does jobs on time, on budget and communicates on a regular basis, unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 1:08 PM, ArtVandelay said:

I can say that about aviation businesses as well.

Maybe I'm fortunate but I have two different shops to choose from that finish jobs on time, on budget and with great communication.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

An update. We've been in the house six months now and I must say I highly recommend living at an Airpark !!!

Wait for your first HOA meeting, that’s when the honeymoon is over!

Just joking, that’s a great update to hear and living at the Aerodrome with your airplane close by is truly living the dream!

13 minutes ago, Culver LFA said:

Wait for your first HOA meeting, that’s when the honeymoon is over!

There is no HOA here. The Airpark is actually a corporation. I've been to board meetings and am on a couple of committees so I'm involved. There's always politics and mores here than at most Airparks due to the diversity of homeowners (shareholders).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats!

I'm looking at some property down at AZ14, can't really afford it unless I sell my current place on an airpark in florida, but thinking about investing in the land and maybe moving out there when I retire.

Edited by salty

38 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

I sneaked a peak at the web site, love the pictures of the interiors on there, especially the one below.. small point though, thats a London, UK house.  Look closely at the door at the back, those bricks on the wall are old London Stock, made in 1845-70 from the local soil.  Now these bricks are automated in manufacturer and are called flettons.  The fire escape and down pipes are of London design as well, and certainly do not comform to US regs as I know them, but do conform to UK ones of the 80s which is when a lot of london houses were converted into houses.  The interior is one of ours which is the killer.  Made me smile someone else is using it in their promotional material.  :)  

I have no idea who put those pictures on the web site but the green grass out the back door is a giveaway it isn't Tucson.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, salty said:

I'm looking at some property down at AZ14, can't really afford it unless I sell my current place on an airpark in florida, but thinking about investing in the land and maybe moving out there when I retire.

1950 x 75 ft, dirt.

18 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Look closely at the door at the back, those bricks on the wall are old London Stock, made in 1845-70 from the local soil.  Now these bricks are automated in manufacturer and are called flettons.

You’re a true wealth of knowledge-

Classic Circa 1850’s brick-stock.... amazing!  That’s some serious sleuth work! :P

Edited by M016576

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2019 at 2:59 PM, KLRDMD said:

Overall, no I wouldn’t use this contractor again. But realistically I’m not sure there is a contractor out there that does jobs on time, on budget and communicates on a regular basis, unfortunately.

It looks fantastic! Congrats. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...