sometimes analog just looks cooler

1 hour ago, Mooney in Oz said:

They are amazing the 767's. Was the aircraft empty?

I took that video about a year ago. I forget. Most likely we were on the lighter side of the envelope. 

We fly so many types of flights. Full, empty and sometimes as short as 7 to 10 minutes or over 9 hours. 

Someone smarter and more motivated than me can do the math for the actual rate of climb. VSI was pegged. 

7 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

Someone smarter and more motivated than me can do the math for the actual rate of climb. VSI was pegged.  

I am not claiming to be smarter, but I was curious as to the climb rate.  Using the timing on the video you appeared to climbing 1000' every 10 seconds, so approximately 6000 fpm.

53 minutes ago, kpaul said:

...  Using the timing on the video you appeared to climbing 1000' every 10 seconds, so approximately 6000 fpm.

Or, about 60 mph vertically.  B)

Twin engine transports are, by design, "over-powered" since every takeoff is computed on having only one engine after V1 and making all the required climb gradients.  That second engine is pure get-up-and-go.  3 and 4 engine aircraft generally can't match that.

Impressive!

I've timed it 8 sec per 1000 giving 7500 fpm. I wish my plane can do that!  :lol:

It's true about twin design being overpowered. However I didn't have that feeling from 25C on AA's A321 on a my SEA-CLT commute run the other night.

It took us (what it felt) a full runway to take off. Plane was full as always of self loading cargo...

• Like 1