Had a pretty awesome day yesterday

Took a couple friends up to KFLG to meet another friend.  He flew in with a Gulfstream G550.  He's the captain for a pretty large corporation.  We spent the day climbing all over the thing learning all the systems.  I spent a couple hours in the cockpit, he even let me start the APU and then fire up both engines.  Man it was cool. The old C sure felt a lot smaller on the flight home.  Also happy to say she performed quite well at 9100’ DA.  We were at about 2400lbs gross and of by the 1000’ markers. Climbed out at 400fpm.  Although the nice thing about KFLG is, if you're heading south, you only need to get about 10’ off the runway and the rest is downhill, haha.

FB_IMG_1526741858186.jpg

IMG_20180519_052244_457.jpg

IMG_20180519_052244_461.jpg

IMG_20180519_052244_465.jpg

IMG_20180519_052244_455.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

I lived that life for over 20 years.....trust me when I say the Mooney flying is so much more fun......

I believe it. He was telling us it sounds really cool to fly to Moscow for a breakfast meeting then home the next morning, but it's not so cool as the pilot. You spend the whole time wherever you go recovering and trying to get ready for the next day.  Not much time for sightseeing

20 minutes ago, ragedracer1977 said:

You spend the whole time wherever you go recovering and trying to get ready for the next day.  Not much time for sightseeing

I flew this guy once from Ohio to Africa nonstop and as he is getting off the plane he says I will see you in a few hours to go to Miami.  Told him in my best NJ way to fuck off.  Took the crew to the hotel and came back 12 hours later....the guy spent the day in the terminal waiting for us.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Although the nice thing about KFLG is, if you're heading south, you only need to get about 10’ off the runway and the rest is downhill, haha.

Yep, the trees on the south end of the runway are about the tallest thing between there and LA.