1969 F "Placards"; KI-209 lens; NuLites?

8 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

I have a ranger that looks just like that...

Winner winner, chicken dinner! My Ranger was apparently a factory strip down, having only AC, until the dealer put in an in-dash 6-disc CD changer. But it's a pretty good truck. Personally, though, I prefer my Mooney Ranger.

For Anthony, I keep the 0.5 in the truck, two (free) ink pens in the plane, my kneeboard loaded with no-longer-needed stuff from my printer at work (folded in half, writing side in, it's a perfect fit, and it's free), but I much prefer a good 0.3mm pencil for daily use. I'm just sad that apparently Koh-I-Noor either no longer makes their great line of pencils or has been purchased / merged with someone; I can only find some cheap pencils that look like them, and the 0.3s are yellow instead of red. All of my pencils use B lead, HB is too hard and H is like writing with a thin rock and reading the impression by the shadows.

On topic, the PO of my plane redid the breaker panel and made the labels himself. He said there is (or was, I haven't checked) an option for reverse printing which leaves white text on a black background. This is what he used to label the breakers, then cut them apart and glued them to the panel.

Why does everyone use a pen...?

Best regards,
-a-

I use the Papermate disposable 0.7mm pencils for writing underwater. After a few uses you can toss them before the inner spring gets rusty.

But in the plane I prefer the Zebra F-301 pen with its (very fine) 0.7mm ball point and black ink. They’re available in bulk at Sam’s Club and never gum up or leak. I find ink works great for copying clearances etc. since I never make mistakes.

Maybe you should post a poll. I love polls.

2b33a7b698d9fdfbf6fdbab609f3bd41.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guitarmaster said:

These are the Fiberlites.  All LED and outstanding!
IMG_20160930_163351270.thumb.jpg.62f0f42df508abc0d0554453e3396544.jpg

That looks pretty nice. Where do you get the square light? My panel already has enough of those round ones