Water Drainage. Anybody else had this?

My plane is hangered, but when overnight it is out on ramp.  Even with a cabin cover I have noticed a LOT of water coming out of plane (after a heavy rain) when I would tow to pump for fuel.  Anybody else have this happen?  Where is water coming from?  I thought of this because of another thread that discussed the overhead cabin air vent drain tube...

I never pinpointed where the water was coming out of other than “the belly”.  It was significant amount.  Not dripping, but running water for a few seconds, like someone emptied a gallon bucket.  Ideas?  Thoughts?

Make yourself a long pipe cleaner out of a twisted pair of 032” or 041” safety wire.  Work it up through the overhead vent drain that exits the belly on the left side until you can pass it all the way to the vent scoop.

I doubt that windows and door seal are leaking that much.

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

Make yourself a long pipe cleaner out of a twisted pair of 032” or 041” safety wire.  Work it up through the overhead vent drain that exits the belly on the left side until you can pass it all the way to the vent scoop.

I doubt that windows and door seal are leaking that much.

Clarence

We replaced side-windows.  New caulk to spec installed.  With cabin cover certain not from windows.  I will try your suggestion.  Thanks.  Still surprised that much water would be getting in with vent closed and a cabin cover over the roof vent?

Keep the drain holes in the tail and fuselage open or you can trap a significant amount of water in the tail.  Not sure if enough to throw off the weight and balance. 

If you seldom open and clean all at the inspection plates you will find grease, grass and mud collecting in the tail drain passages and on the bottom of the tail skins.  

• Like 1