Anyone have a listing of useful loads

bradp

1 minute ago, bradp said:

Wondering if anyone has a link to a spreadsheet with useful loads for stock Moonies by model / year?

The individual ones are so dependent on equipment installed, the numbers would be just about useless. If a large enough number of planes were checked, the averages would be interesting. But even at that, averages are only averages, and the only important one are the ones on your plane, or the one you are looking at.

The Owners Manual for my C lists Gross Weight of 2575 lbs, and a typical weight of 1525, giving a typical Useful Load of 1050 lb.

EDIT:  With GPS, stormscope, 1-piece belly, 201 windshield, standby vacuum, 2 Brittain units and 3-blade Hartzell, my Useful Load is now 969 lb. Installed equipment matters! I may have to look for math errors . . . .

Edited by Hank

Most range from 900 to about 1050. Don’t even look at a so called O conversion of a Porsche Mooney...

TKS birds and AC birds will be on the worse side typically...

When you see an ad you just have to ask. It’s annoying to me that it isn’t a required data field in the for sale sites...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk