Mooney has been sitting

sdflysurf

On 5/20/2018 at 5:24 AM, tony said:

Before you start digging into the retraction system, did you remember there is an airspeed pressure switch.  Gently blow into the pitot tube and see if the gear. come.up.  

DO NOT blow into the pitot tube.

Get a 6' length of rubber/plastic tube.  Put one end over the pitot tube.  Get a set of hemostats (surgical clamps).  Clamp the open end of the tube and then start rolling the tube up until a given speed reads on the ASI.  Then test the gear.

Only problem is that there are only 4 cylinders

I recall seeing a 6 position EGT gauge switch on a 4 cylinder Mooney years ago. 2 of the positions weren’t connected to anything. I would be curious for a photo of the back of this switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I still think the 6 position selector below my yoke is for EGT as some have mentioned - I'll find out Tuesday when we test fly the plane.

Browsing trade-a-plane I found a panel that had the "speaker" controls I was trying to figure out.  Thinking this is pretty close to what I have.

display-asset.jpeg

• Like 1

I still think the 6 position selector below my yoke is for EGT as some have mentioned - I'll find out Tuesday when we test fly the plane.
Browsing trade-a-plane I found a panel that had the "speaker" controls I was trying to figure out.  Thinking this is pretty close to what I have.
display-asset.thumb.jpeg.56117252c01152502f642ccb45bf7c2c.jpeg

Sure looks like you solved one mystery. Knobs are even the same. Really curious on the 6 position switch. The EGT switch is where my bet is placed.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:43 AM, Marauder said:

Sure looks like you solved one mystery. Knobs are even the same. Really curious on the 6 position switch. The EGT switch is where my bet is placed.

I’ve removed the same EGT selector form a Comanche and I have a Mooney with one installed.  The bunch of switches is your audio panel.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

• 3 weeks later...

Good news!  We got a ferry permit and flew the plane close to home!  I confirmed the not-labeled indicators and instruments were: low/high vaccum, radio knobs, and the EGT selector in the above posts just as we thought.  The engine sounds great, and the ferry pilot who happens to be a jet check-pilot with a lot of mooney time, said everything seemed fine!  Here it is for the last time at the Barstow Desert, and its new temporary parking spot closer to home:

Parked.jpeg

• Like 12

• 1 month later...
Annual signed off!
Just got it washed and waxed and ready to fly.  Looking forward to some fun flying this summer and then updating avionics, interior, and maybe paint down the line!
Clean2.thumb.jpg.e66b0bb6dac0833843728bf34754ce63.jpg
Clean1.thumb.jpg.2df1e356a7484cd63f2637cecaa9995e.jpg

Congrats on all your hard work!!!!! It looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk