I am going to be visiting Ireland this summer for several weeks, and I would love to doing some flying while I am there.  My online research has not been very fruitful in identifying rental options. Does anyone have some suggestions for options?  Thanks.  

• Like 1

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Andrew is close-ish to Ireland.... worth seeing what he knows about it...  @Hyett6420

Best regards,

-a-

14 hours ago, Ftlausa said:

I am going to be visiting Ireland this summer for several weeks, and I would love to doing some flying while I am there.  My online research has not been very fruitful in identifying rental options. Does anyone have some suggestions for options?  Thanks.  

Hi. Are you on fb?  There is a uk based group of 5000 pilots called ga aviation community. I would suggest you join that and put the question there.  As a general rule flying in euripe is easy (Ireland is part of Europe).  Note that the North and the South are two different countries so there may be Special Branch / Customs regs you have to follow (check onlinegar for more details). 

As for renting in Ireland ive never done it, so cant help bit flying to there from the UK is easy so i would not foresee any problems with you renting.  

As i said join that fb group and put the question there. There are lots of Irish chaps on it who will help. 

Andrew

• Like 1

I'm in Ireland now and haven't seen a single GA aircraft flying. By contrast, I was in Amsterdam last week and saw no less than a dozen flying over the city over a three day period.

GA is pretty small here. There are 2 Mooneys in the country! The Dublin area in particular has a huge area of controlled airspace so you won't see much around the city. Weston Airport a few KM west of Dublin is the main GA airport in the area. There's a company out there that will rent you a C150 or C172 www.nfc.ie but they have pretty strict currency and checkout rules, and it's something like €220 an hour for a 172. If you need any other pointers, let me know.

Edited by zuutroy
  • Like 1