Oshkosh 2018 - Who's going?

gsxrpilot

Oshkosh 2018 - Who's going?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. I'll be at Oshkosh 2018

2. 2. Transportation

• Flying with the Mooney Caravan
    • Flying the Fisk Arrival
    • Flying to somewhere close and then driving.
    • Driving
  3. 3. Lodging

• Camping with the Mooney Caravan
    • Camping but not with the Caravan
    • Hotel or other off site accomodations

So who's going this year? Are you flying or driving? Are you camping on the grass, or camping at the Hilton or similar? 

If you're going to be there... be sure to come to the Mooney Caravan tent in the N40 on Monday night - 6:30pm for the MooneySpace get together.

Trying to do the caravan and bring my 5 yo daughter for a couple of days.  Got the time for the formation training weekend - just have to be able to juggle dates with a cross state move and a newborn.  But that’s life I guess.  

• Like 2

I’m planing on flying in with the Caravan and camping with the plane. This will be my first time in the north 40. I always camped in vintage with my C.  Should be a good time!

Cheers, 

Dan

• Like 2

This will be my first time to Oshkosh and I cant wait !! I would have REALLY liked to join the Caravan but am unable to attend a formation training clinic in time. Although not a snotty person and would be happy to park next to anyone, I would prefer to park/camp next to my fellow Mooney brothers/sisters.... Hope that does not make me a bad person.

I was originally going to arrive Sunday AM but had no idea if I would even be offered a place on the North 40. No idea how fast the area fills up.

I thought I would arrive at noon Saturday, 21 July and fly the Fisk arrival. Perhaps if I arrive behind the Caravan (time wise) I will be directed to park in the same area???? I'm not sure if my logic is sound.

• Like 1

"I'll be at Oshkosh 2018" no

"Transportation" no... This field is required.

"Lodging" no... This field is required.

Can't submit a vote. Sounds like a pretty rigged election where the only valid choice is to go to Oshkosh.

Edited by 201er
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Booked same hotel as usual in Green Bay, tried rooms near Appleton recently rates are outrageous so staying in GB.

Plan on the formation clinic next month, lady doesn’t want to go into O

Trying to do the caravan and bring my 5 yo daughter for a couple of days.  Got the time for the formation training weekend - just have to be able to juggle dates with a cross state move and a newborn.  But that’s life I guess.  

I am in the same boat trying to juggle a move and the wish to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, 201er said:

"I'll be at Oshkosh 2018" no

"Transportation" no... This field is required.

"Lodging" no... This field is required.

Can't submit a vote. Sounds like a pretty rigged election where the only valid choice is to go to Oshkosh.

Yeah, the other two questions will have corrupted results from anyone who votes "no" on the first one.   Those who elect to not vote because it corrupts the last questions corrupts the first question.

;)

Edited by EricJ

Will this be the "modern era" largest Caravan? We'll see what happens... lolll

Will be in Oshkosh until Thursday.

Just registered for the Caravan, paid, reserved hotel... almost all set now.

For those who wish to camp near the Caravan folks but cannot fly in with the group, just synchronize your time of arrival with the Caravan and you should be camping nearby. Some have done it in the last few years and were able to meet the group.

Yves

I’ll be there the whole week.  Probably bring the Lancair in on Friday or Saturday (Warbird Arrival if on Saturday).  Bringing my 30’ camper down maybe Thursday to get a decent spot.  Hope a few of you come by to check out my project.  

Tom

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Mooney_Allegro said:

I'll be flying in from Las Vegas in the Mooney.   Staying in Green Bay for less than $100/night at a Marriott property.  Drive down to OSH.

That’s were I’m staying MA

• Like 1