Frustration; ETE at 1:00 for 20 minutes

Today the first hour was in rain with a slight north tail wind. Then I crossed a weak frontal line.  I was showing about 1:00 ETE at 140 knots.  For the next 20 minutes my ETE sat at about 1:00 as my ground speed slowly dropped to as low as 99 knots.  When the trucks on I-15 start passing you, you know the head wind is getting bad :wacko:.  I deviated around a mountain ridge and picked up twenty knots from the ridge lift.  Was glad to finally see the ETE start going down again.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 4:19 PM, TTaylor said:

Today the first hour was in rain with a slight north tail wind. Then I crossed a weak frontal line.  I was showing about 1:00 ETE at 140 knots.  For the next 20 minutes my ETE sat at about 1:00 as my ground speed slowly dropped to as low as 99 knots.  When the trucks on I-15 start passing you, you know the head wind is getting bad :wacko:.  I deviated around a mountain ridge and picked up twenty knots from the ridge lift.  Was glad to finally see the ETE start going down again.   

I’ve never thought about, considered, or tried the ridge lift trick. I’m gonna add that to the MEL. Thanks. :)

• Like 1