*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Yes - I see it's preorder and yes it's not certifed - but it does show that folks are thinking out of the box.....
https://www.gulfcoastavionics.com/products/4325-skybeacon-ads-b-system.aspx

They are also trying to certify a tail light version of this that is even more appealing in my view, but I do worry that it will literally take 5seconds to steal one of these and they are not exactly cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 5/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, Hector said:

They are also trying to certify a tail light version of this that is even more appealing in my view, but I do worry that it will literally take 5seconds to steal one of these and they are not exactly cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

key-rex-security-screws-home.png

I'm not sure how well this will fit on a pre-1984 Mooney. Later models no deal.

That may work, but its vaporware. And changes the balance on a moveable surface, which requires one to remove the rudder and balance it. most avionics shops dont do that, so you have to take it or have them take it to a shop to have that done.  And when its all said and done, the garmin GDL-82 will likely cost the same or less. I can totally see this for a flight school 150, or 172 though. and there are millions of those.

Edited by jetdriven

2 hours ago, jetdriven said:

That may work, but its vaporware. And changes the balance on a moveable surface, which requires one to remove the rudder and balance it. most avionics shops dont do that, so you have to take it or have them take it to a shop to have that done.  And when its all said and done, the garmin GDL-82 will likely cost the same or less. I can totally see this for a flight school 150, or 172 though. and there are millions of those.

I doubt it would need to be installed by an avionics shop, since they were touting it as a minor modification (the wingtip version, anyway).  On the other hand, if it ends up being a major modification that requires an avionics shop, that would defeat a lot of the initial purpose...

65 and older Mooneys, the tail light version of the vaporware... isn’t attached to anything moving. Just a tail cone for that...

If my memory still holds...

ADSB out and an I’m stolen message, serialized, automatically sent....with location.... (possibly)  :)

Verify the serial number before buying a used one.

Best regards,

-a-