Recommendations on Selling Mooney

SAMFOX

1 hour ago, MATTS875 said:

We were real close and I wished it could have worked.

Late model J's (1996-1998) and K's (1999-1998) seem expensive, but it's hard to compare them to anything else. One example: the fiberglass interiors in place of the Royalite I would put at least a $10,000 premium on - it should last as long as the airplane does. If you make a running list of all of the year by year improvements that were done over the model years, you would spend a fortune trying to duplicate these. 

The fact that it spent about 10 years based in Longview TX from 2006-2016 probably means it has some DMax annuals in the logbooks as well. (https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N777EC)

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."   JOHN RUSKIN

• Like 2

On 5/10/2018 at 2:30 PM, Oldguy said:

The market for a J model, well maintained and in reasonably good shape, is excellent. Priced properly, it will likely sell within 30 days. Priced wrong, you can keep it for a long time. To get a reasonable value on yours, you can use both the AOPA Vref  and the Mooney Flyer (themooneyflyer.com) valuation tool to see what it might be worth.

Nothing wrong with pricing high. Not everyone is desperate for the cash in 30 days. It may be worth holding out for a higher dollar.

-Robert

• 5 months later...

Amillet, I will let you know how it goes...Aircraft will be listed this coming week (not by me), photo day this weekend...It has only taken 6mos to get here...and for me to emerge back into Mooney space, I was glad to see it is as viberant as ever!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2018 at 1:54 PM, larryb said:

When I upgraded last year I sold my plane through a broker. Basically I just don't want to take the time and effort to market the plane myself, deal with buyers, deal with the logistics of a pre-buy, etc, etc, etc. I feel in my case the broker absolutely earned his fee.

Larry

What % does a Broker get?