Minot Aero Center (Pietsch Aircraft)

FBCK

Just wanted to let everyone know what a great positive experience I had at Pietsch in Minot ND last week.  I had been having trouble with my 231 banking to the left and decided I would take it down to Pietsch, a three and a half hour flight to get things done by some one how knows Mooneys. Jay the new own made time for me even after I got weathered out and was a day late in arriving.  We took the plane out for a demo flight, he took the controls to get the feel and then wen back to the shop, used the travel boards, made some adjustments, we went up again, made some more adjustments and then flew it again...straight as an arrow, after 8 years of the auto bank.   Great shop, there where Mooneys, war birds and others all being worked on.  The mechanic were all very nice guys as well.  The Air Museum was not open for the season yet but Jay said he would give the manager (and one of the co founders) a call and ask if he could give us the tour.  We had a private tour, very impressive, three Mustangs, a Spitfire and many more great planes (all flyable I might add), just parked in the museum and get pull out regularly..unbelievable.

Also on one of the demo flights the Canadian Snow Birds came into the airport, I landed between two of the sorties..I now tell people I few with the Snow Birds.  This airport was by far the best GA experience I have had in my 13 years since I started flying.  If all GA was done like this, GA would not only be surviving, it would thriving.  I'd like to say thank you Jay for everything, cant say enough about the experience.

https://minotaerocenter.com/

• Like 2

Kent and Warren Pietsch are fantastic individuals with an extreme love for aviation. 

Warren flys an Airshow in his Taylorcraft that puts most acts to shame.  He also flys a neat Zero demo. 

-Matt

Couldn't say enough good things about the people down there, I would highly recommend them.  They seem to get the whole GA thing, I really appreciate the recommendation you gave me, in a world where things very seldom work out as planned, this exceeded my expectations, by a long shot.