M20F Transition Training - Ft Myers FL

HwkIFan

Folks, 

Looking for another assist.  I'm in the final stages of purchasing an M20F.  Insurance says I have to have 5 hours of dual transition training.  They subsequently allowed 3 hours in an M20J locally with the final 2 in my plane (manual gear).  So, I'm looking for an instructor with the following (or near the following and I'd petition the insurance co.)

500 total hours

100 hours in retractable gear

25 hours in make and model

I suspect they'd agree to 25 hours in a manual gear M20.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Side note: I have a friend planning to fly back with me who owns a JBar Mooney...he's not an instructor though.

Heading into town on 16 May (wed), looking to complete my last two hours on Thursday, 17 May.  My friend shows up on Thursday and we're hoping to depart on Friday.

I know...square peg...round hole...how much harder can I make this.

8 hours ago, Deb said:

Mike Elliott – mike at aviating dot com – is a well respected master CFII Mooney specific instructor in the area. He also posts on Mooneyspace as @mike_elliott.

Thanks David, I am booked that day with an Acclaim owner, however. I am sure a few others here might chime in if they are available. I think Robert Nicholson lives in Ft. Meyers and Bruce Jaeger might be available. While both easily meet the new owners open pilot warranty to protect the plane in case of an issue, neither is dumb enough to not be added as named insured additional pilot to protect themselves. Sam Lindsey might also be available, he owns an E Jbar, as might our newly minted lady Jen out of Ocala.

2 hrs might be a bit optimistic to really learn how to fly your new to you Mooney. If all the OP is wanting is to be insurance legal, I would not be the best choice anyway.