Fernandia Beach Fly-in May 12th

fantom

From PC illiterate ;) David:

Our last event was very pleasant.  The weather was reasonable, Ruth and I were in and out of the tops of a fairly thin layer at 3,000 feet going, and VFR returning.  We had 7 Mooneys and 1 Bonanza bring 18 people together for a nice lunch.  

Our next event will be this Saturday, May 12, at Fernandina Beach (FHB).  There is no restaurant on the airport, but member David Ansley has arranged for two vans to drive us from the FBO (Bent Wings) to and from a local Restaurant (Brett’s Waterway Cafe).  The FBO is new and very excited about our coming, and I am printing info about them below.
Because of  the need to co-ordinate transportation to and from the airport, please be sure to tell me by Thursday night if you are coming if at all possible, and try not to arrive after  12 PM.  We will be able to handle late arrivals if we know you are coming, but it would help if you are on time………….  Also, the FBO would like a list of N numbers, so please let me know your N number when you notify me you are coming.  I believe the FBO is discounting it’s fuel $.25 a gallon and is arranging an information sheet on the area for us.

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes for various reasons.

Future Schedule

May 12, Fernandina Beach (FHB) One of our members who lives in the area has arranged for us to eat at the Brett's Waterway Cafe and is also arranging transportation to and     from the restaurant.
June 9, Sebring (SEF).
July 14, Williston (X60)
August 11, Lake Wales (X07)

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail me by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

Hope to see you soon,
Dave and Ruth

Hi David,

Please see the attached informational sheet we put together for your pilots.  We have waived all ramp fees and included a fuel discount in this flyer for all Money Top offs that day.
My line supervisor has a plan to park your entire group together on our ramp in front of our FBO office.   Your group can expect to be marshaled into a parking spot when you arrive.
If you have a chance before the event, please send me a list of tail numbers that plan to attend.
We look forward to welcoming your group to Amelia Island!
Please let us know if we can further assist your group.

Best regards,
Brian Echard